Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New 3 Stooges gags question

Offline stoogerascalfan62

Were there any gags used in the live-action wraparounds on The New 3 Stooges 1965 series which were NEVER used in any of their Columbia shorts?

Of course, there were plenty. Why, did you think the wraparounds just had recycled gags?
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Were there any gags used in the live-action wraparounds on The New 3 Stooges 1965 series which were NEVER used in any of their Columbia shorts?

Yes.  Among them...

"Melodrama" (aka "Pay the Rent") -  A Healy routine performed in PLANE NUTS (1933 MGM).  The Stooges did it in the feature TIME OUT FOR RHYTHM (1941), but not in any of the shorts.

"Barbers" -  A variation of a routine performed in SCREEN SNAPSHOTS Series 14 # 6, "You have to belong to the union to do that..."

"Magicians" -  A old routine, new to the Stooges.

Others.  Ed Bernds wrote all those wrap-arounds (not Lee Orgel, as he once claimed in an interview), and recycled many old gags, but they were new material for the onscreen Stooges.

Offline metaldams

There 's one verbal bit not in a short where Moe refers to Derita in drag as the "prefect 48 - 52 - 48."  Saw that as a kid, before seeing my first Playboy Centerfold, so that would be my introduction to body measurements.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp

One of my favorite gags is when the boys get out of bed (sleeping together!), and then take off their pajamas, only to reveal their complete daytime attire underneath.  That always cracks me up every time.  Anyone here know the different shorts they did that in?  For the record, I don't think I can name any. 

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
One of my favorite gags is when the boys get out of bed (sleeping together!), and then take off their pajamas, only to reveal their complete daytime attire underneath.  That always cracks me up every time.  Anyone here know the different shorts they did that in?  For the record, I don't think I can name any.

Very common... DIZZY DOCTORS, ROCKIN' THRU THE ROCKIES, CACTUS MAKES PERFECT, MONKEY BUSINESSMEN, UP IN DAISY'S PENTHOUSE, SPOOKS, GOOF ON THE ROOF, RUMPUS IN THE HAREM, HAVE ROCKET -- WILL TRAVEL, and probably more...
#1 fire kibitzer