Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Vagabond Loafers (1949)

metaldams · 54 · 20423

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Does anybody find it strange that Moe hardly punishes Shemp in this short? I do, it was like Larry was getting the punishment of the third stooge instead of the middle stooge.

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Does anybody find it strange that Moe hardly punishes Shemp in this short?

Truth be told, I never gave it a thought.  However, I was surprised by the low slap quotient in "Goofs and Saddles."

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Truth be told, I never gave it a thought.  However, I was surprised by the low slap quotient in "Goofs and Saddles."

Me too, I would have liked to see more slapstick between the Stooges in "Goofs And Saddles", to me that was holding the episode back from being a classic.

Offline NoahYoung

I watched this yesterday since I just received a Super 8 print a few days ago.

I haven't watched "A Plumbing We Will Go" in a while, so I won't compare.

This was a very funny short -- easily one of the best Shemps. I laughed out loud a few times. I notice that when I haven't watched many Stooges shorts in a while that I find them funnier, but I suppose that that goes for just about any of the comedians. I'm also more focused when I watched them on film rather than on video. It's much more involving for me -- but that's an entirely different topic for a different day.

Since they got Dudley Dickerson anyway, I'm not sure why they just didn't have him re-enact his old scenes -- or create some new gags with him in the kitchen.

BTW, when I google the name of this short, I found this!

https://www.vagabond.com/us/men/footwear/loafers/
Burt Lancaster was too short!
- The Birdman of Alcatraz