Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

They're back! Sequel to 2012's Three Stooges in the works with Sean Hayes, Chris

Offline Squirrelbait

Looks like we're getting another Stooge movie from the Farrelly Brothers:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3073935/Sequel-2012-s-Three-Stooges-works-Sean-Hayes-Chris-Diamantopoulos-Sasso-reprising-roles.html

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I enjoyed the first movie. However, I think a sequel seems like overkill....

Your thoughts?
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

NO! NOT THIS AGAIN! PLEASE!!! NOT THIS AGAINNNNNN!!!!! The 1st movie was torture anyways for an hour and a half, and plus this sequel isn't going to happen for another 10 years just like the 1st one..
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!

Offline metaldams

PS: My statement above and this PS are literally the only things I will say about this topic.  Life's too short, I'd rather discuss real Stooge shorts.  While I saw the first movie out of morbid curiosity, more than enough of that curiosity was satisfied for me to sit through a sequel.  To those of you looking forward to this, enjoy, but I'm sitting this one out.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Barry the Nomad

I recall when the first one was announced I was already on a Stooge kick and joined up with the forums and hooooo-boy was the hate for the original deep. Like don't dare say you enjoyed it deep.

But hey, a sequel was announced so I dug up my username and password!

Offline Operator15

• One for all and all for me!
  • Grapehead
I don't honestly care what anyone says, I actually enjoyed the first.  Would it ever truly compare to the original Stooge material?  Of course not.  But I still thought it was a solid tribute to the boys, and I think it helped at least get the name back out there.  And it was also one of the few things even remotely Stooge related that I could convince my wife to watch with me, and that she actually enjoyed.

Diamantopulos was good in the first one, and absolutely nobody else.  Well, maybe Larry David, until you got over the cross-dressing joke, which left 89 1/2 minutes.  And the very last shot.

Offline 7stooges

I'm part of the minority of Stooges fans that actually liked the movie. Well, I at least liked the performances (Diamantopulos being the big stand out). Nevertheless, I don't feel a second one is necessary. But if they're going that route... why not have it feature both Curly and Shemp? That would be a fan's dream! Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Offline Operator15

• One for all and all for me!
  • Grapehead
If we're going to go that route, though, then what can we really categorize as "necessary"?  And does something really have to be "necessary" to be worthwhile?

Offline CurlyFan1934

Has any more news about this movie been reported? I tried to dig up news because I read that they were aiming for a 2017 release date, but I guess nothing has happened since 2015 in terms of making the movie. In a way, I am glad, but I wonder what happened. Could they not get an actor from the first one to sign on?

Offline Umbrella Sam

Has any more news about this movie been reported? I tried to dig up news because I read that they were aiming for a 2017 release date, but I guess nothing has happened since 2015 in terms of making the movie. In a way, I am glad, but I wonder what happened. Could they not get an actor from the first one to sign on?

They're hoping to start production in 2018.

Source:
http://www.c3entertainment.com/2017/03/3-entertainment-inc-bridges-classic-entertainment-such-as-the-three-stooges-with-contemporary-brands/
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline CurlyFan1934

They're hoping to start production in 2018.

Source:
http://www.c3entertainment.com/2017/03/3-entertainment-inc-bridges-classic-entertainment-such-as-the-three-stooges-with-contemporary-brands/

Thanks. Even though I'm not too enthralled about them making a sequel of the first movie (which wasn't too good), at least the movie will get some younger viewers interested into the Stooges, because I know that the first one did.