Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Looking for Three Stooges TV Broadcasts/Marathons

Offline SvenStooge

Looking for older 80's-90's Three Stooges TV broadcasts. (WOC would be cool if available) I know back in the early 90's TBS used to host a lot of stooge marathons. There are also a few horror host broadcasts of the stooges. I'm also looking for any marathons/specials of The Andy Griffith Show & Twilight Zone. Let me know if you guys have anything. I have some and we could work out a trade. 

[3stooges]

Thanks for your time!

Here's what I have:

Stooge Marathon AMC 2004 New Years Countdown (2 discs)

Stooge Marathon Curley All-Nighter TBS 1994 (2 discs)

Svengoolie - Scary Stooges Marathon

Big Chuck & Little John - 3 Stooges Marathon

The Three Stooges Fright Night TBS Halloween Special 1992 WOC

Offline Squirrelbait

I wish you would've asked this about five years ago...I would've been more than happy to help you! I had a bunch of tapes from Stooge-A-Palooza (I definitely remember that the two 'Scary Stooges' episodes were on there, as were just about all 190 shorts on one episode or another) as well as the AMC Marathon - except mine was for 2005.

None of my tapes were back in the 80's or 90's, though.

I recorded these onto VHS, but thanks to my stupidity and distaste for obsolete technology, I'm pretty sure they're all rotting away in a dump somewhere as we speak.......Since then, I've recorded just about all of 'em off AntennaTV onto DVD. If you're interested in any of these, let me know!

I wish I could get my hands on some of the AMC shorts as well, especially an older airing of Three Little Beers before they decided to chop it up for DVD (that eventually became the TV print), as well as Movie Maniacs. As odd as it may sound, I've never seen a version with the kissing scene edited out.

If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline SvenStooge

That's a shame  :-[ I have been trying to cap the Antenna TV airings myself but don't have that many. I would be interested in a few of them. How many do you have?

Offline Squirrelbait

That's a shame  :-[ I have been trying to cap the Antenna TV airings myself but don't have that many. I would be interested in a few of them. How many do you have?

All but 3:

Pardon My Clutch
Hokus Pokus
Malice In The Palace
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Larrys#1

Why not just buy the stooges DVDs and make your own marathon? The complete set is dirt cheap now.... It wasn't too long ago when Best Buy had it on sale for only $30 or so.

Or do you want these marathons for nostalgic purposes?

Offline SvenStooge

Yes, I already have the complete box set. I want these for the nostalgia. I like seeing the old commercials, bumpers.. The hosted marathons were fun too because they would throw in some facts & trivia about the stooges.

Offline Squirrelbait

Nice. About how many DVD's is that?

In total, it's probably about 100. I usually record in 1-hour time mode for better quality, so there's a maximum three shorts to a disc.

Also, if you're into marathons, I've got one specially taped from New Years featuring the first 20 Curly shorts, spread across only 7 discs (again off AntennaTV). They've even got a few trivia bits thrown in.

Like I said, if you're interested - let me know!

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

Looking for older 80's-90's Three Stooges TV broadcasts. (WOC would be cool if available) I know back in the early 90's TBS used to host a lot of stooge marathons. There are also a few horror host broadcasts of the stooges. I'm also looking for any marathons/specials of The Andy Griffith Show & Twilight Zone. Let me know if you guys have anything. I have some and we could work out a trade. 

[3stooges]

Thanks for your time!

Here's what I have:

Stooge Marathon AMC 2004 New Years Countdown (2 discs)

Stooge Marathon Curley All-Nighter TBS 1994 (2 discs)

Svengoolie - Scary Stooges Marathon

Big Chuck & Little John - 3 Stooges Marathon

The Three Stooges Fright Night TBS Halloween Special 1992 WOC

While I don't think I could trade you any marathons, I could be able to buy one of the marathons..
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!

Offline SvenStooge

Shemp, I don't normally sell DVD's. Do you have any classic tv shows you could trade?

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

Shemp, I don't normally sell DVD's. Do you have any classic tv shows you could trade?
I have a box set of the Muppet Show with all the episodes with 2 pilots, & both seasons of muppets Tonight, but Im not sure if you would want that.
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!

Offline TwoOunceBrain

• Grapehead
  • Stooges fan since 1993.
I have some Stooges recorded off WPTT Pittsburgh ca. 1985-86 with some of the commercials intact, as well as a December 31, 1988 marathon from WWOR-TV and a 1990 one from WWCP in Johnstown with all the original commercials. If you'd want to trade for others, let me know, but I'm currently in the process of transferring them to DVD. I also have two 1994 TBS marathons, STOOGES ALL-NIGHTER (incomplete) and the TBS NITE FLIX Curly all-nighter marathon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:19:11 PM by TwoOunceBrain »