The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

TS.net Site Commercials

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Mr. Webmaster Dunrobin,
I am beginning to get little commercial boxes in the right corner of my happy life on TS.net. I know a webservice MUST be paid for, and we here at TS.net have been very weak in supporting you, so I sympathize. AND a campaign to get more support might actually decrease your visitor base ... so my question is, are the commercials a permanent addition to your site?
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
(Oh, by the way .. lasting THIS long on your own before letting corporate peoples get into your site is absolutely commendable! ... no wonder we love your Three Stooges website!)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Hi Giff -

First, my apologies for taking more than four and a half years to reply.  You asked your question back when I wasn't giving the site much attention.  I only noticed the topic because a guest was viewing it when I looked at the Who's Online page a few minutes ago.

I've been including Amazon ads on the pages for years, and a some point (I don't remember when exactly) I added Google Adsense ads at the bottom on the pages, where they wouldn't interfere with the content of the pages.  I don't make much off of either of them (roughly $100 a year from each of them), which does help offset part of the cost of keeping the site running.

That's the most I will ever allow on the site.  I didn't create ThreeStooges.net to make money off of it; it exists to celebrate our love of the Stooges, and to share as much information about them to the world as possible.

- Rob