Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

In how many shorts are the Stooges called "The Stooges"?

Hopefully, this will be a better question than my previous one ("In how many Stooges shorts is the title phrase spoken?").

In how many shorts is someone (whether themselves or others) heard actually calling the boys the "Stooges" (with or without the "Three")?

I've noticed this recently in "Booby Dupes" and "Out West" (with Moe saying he and the others are "The Stooges," for no apparent reason, in both cases) but I'm sure it happens in other shorts.

They're also called "The Three Stooges" by the Mexican announcer in "What's The Matador?" and (by way of stock footage) "Sappy Bullfighters."

Anyone know any others?

P.S.: I'll go ahead and mention "Crash Goes the Hash" (Bud Jamison: "You remind me of the Three Stooges!") without making a call as to whether or not it counts!

"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

ThumpTheShoes

"A Pain in the Pullman".

Oh, and "Rip, Sew and Stitch", when Larry yells, "You stupid Stooge! What are you tryin' to do, shoe me like a horse?!"

And, "Blunder Boys", Moe calls Shemp a Stooge, blowing their cover in the ladies' Turkish bath.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I just thought of one: Heavenly Daze, when Vernon is reading the will--Whereas I, Shemp the stooge, being of unsound mind, do hereby prove it....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

OK. I was thinking of "stooges" being applied to the whole group, rather than just one of them being called a "stooge," but those will work.

I just thought of one: Heavenly Daze, when Vernon is reading the will--Whereas I, Shemp the stooge, being of unsound mind, do hereby prove it....
That's reused in "Bedlam in Paradise," so we can count that short as well.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Don't know if this counts, but I just thought of this one seeing as how I'm watching it right now--Fright Night; the opening shot of the sign "Muscle Manor We Train the Fighters The Three Stooges Props."

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Don't know if this counts, but I just thought of this one seeing as how I'm watching it right now--Fright Night; the opening shot of the sign "Muscle Manor We Train the Fighters The Three Stooges Props."
Yep, that totally counts.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Another one I just watched recently, Pest Man Wins has a "stooge" reference...