Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

I Can Hardly Wait (1943)

metaldams · 31 · 13598

Offline stoogerascalfan62

I just plain think that Bud was an important part of the Stooges' supporting cast. You can disagree, but I would've liked to see Bud in some Shemp-era films.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Bud was good... really good.  Bud probably could have done just as well acting in Gone With the Wind.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

I just plain think that Bud was an important part of the Stooges' supporting cast. You can disagree, but I would've liked to see Bud in some Shemp-era films.

I don't disagree Bud was important, but they made plenty of films while he was around without him that were great and they had some strong supporting players after him.  That's why I think jump the shark is too harsh, but to each their own.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

To try to drum up more interest in the Laurel and Hardy reviews, you guys interested in Stooge gags appearing in other films may want to hop over to the LEAVE 'EM LAUGHING thread, as there are some similarities mentioned between that short and I CAN HARDLY WAIT.  There's also a YouTube link provided so you can see for yourselves.  Enjoy.

http://moronika.com/forums/index.php/topic,5478.0.html
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Nice to see a lot of love for this underappreciated stooge short, Moe is definitely grouchy in this short and it's one of his grouchiest performances, I loved the scenes where Curly throws a piece of dynamite down Moe's pajamas and it goes off on him and Moe counting down 1, 2 with Larry saying "two and a half" followed by Moe's slap and Moe's angry expression when he realizes his tooth is missing! I agree with many that this short has an early 50's Shemp feel to it which I take as a good thing because it gives the stooges a chance to pull off lots of mayhem.

I give this short a 10/10

Offline Dr. Mabuse

The first six minutes of "I Can Hardly Wait" represent vintage Stooges. However, when Curly breaks his tooth, the proceedings become increasingly labored with the laughs fewer and farther between. I didn't enjoy seeing my favorite Stooge in constant pain. Admittedly, the dream transition is rather imaginative on a visual level, but it's not enough to salvage this misfire. One of the weakest Curly two-reelers.

4.5/10