Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Space Ship Sappy

Offline martainc

I am looking for the original uncut version of Space Ship Sappy.  It's almost become a mission.  Some guy named Beatlemoe said he had it but that was years ago.  I finally made my way back on this site and continuing my quest.  Any help from anyone on here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

ThumpTheShoes

Ah, this chestnut again..

Is there something not in the official dvd version?  What I'd like is the elusive stereo mix of Flying Saucer Daffy!

Offline Larrys#1

Is the copy on the Volume 8 DVD not uncut?

ThumpTheShoes

My 16mm copy is identical to the dvd release, except that it has a Screen Gems logo attached to the end. Nothing missing.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
The "Screen Gems" logo may be an added tag ... I am watching my recently purchased 190 and have noticed that a "Sony Pictures Television" follows several endings of our boys episodes ... which I'm SURE didn't accompany the original release ... but it DOES make one wonder if the episode they are watching is the original or not (maybe C3 just copied eps from a tv franchise and published them as their own originals)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
My mother can vouch for an episode she watched in its FIRST release ... "False Alarms" when she told me about the baby hoses that were named by Curly after the quintuplets born in Canada ...
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The "Screen Gems" logo may be an added tag ... I am watching my recently purchased 190 and have noticed that a "Sony Pictures Television" follows several endings of our boys episodes ... which I'm SURE didn't accompany the original release ... but it DOES make one wonder if the episode they are watching is the original or not

(maybe C3 just copied eps from a tv franchise and published them as their own originals)

All the shorts on Sony's "Three Stooges Collection" series are transfers from restorations of the original film elements.  It's unfortunate the studio added the syndication tag on the DVD presentations, but the DVDs are remastered transfers from those restorations and not copies from TV syndication.

The print of SPACE SHIP SAPPY on the DVD is complete, unedited.  Anything said to the contrary is mistaken and/or imagination.

And [sigh!, here we go again]... the DVDs are from Sony Entertainment, owner of Columbia since 1989.  C3 has nothing to do with the DVDs; C3 does not own the films.