Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

That Strange Looking Guy With The Bouncing Adam's Apple

Guest · 3 · 3387

ThumpTheShoes

Believe it or not I was watching some old Stooges clips tonight and ran across the Operation Sketch from the Ed Sullivan Show. The guy who walks on at the end-- the patient with the weird, fluttery eyes and the adam's apple goin' up and down.. Who is that?!! I know he turned up on the Jackie Gleason Show doing the very same shtick, but I can't remember his name (and I'm pretty sure Gleason referred to him by name) or what in the hell his deal was.

Brent? Anyone?!!

Hey, at least this ain't another frickin' screen shot piece-of-crap thread!!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
... the Operation Sketch from the Ed Sullivan Show. The guy who walks on at the end-- the patient with the weird, fluttery eyes and the adam's apple goin' up and down.. Who is that?!!

Out of town, and can't reference my DVD.  I vaguely recall who you're talking about, he's a familiar face, but I don't know his name. 

Do a screengrab and post on FB, possibly on the "Dead Comedians Society" page where many aficionados hang out.

If it helps at all, there are two guys who play native Americans  in some of the Ma & Pa Kettle movies, I don't know which ones.  The characters' names are Geoduck and Crowbar.  The adam's-apple guy is one of them, though his persona got way more grotesque as time passed.  He also did some walk-ons on Jonathan Winters's variety show in the late '60's.  His catch phrase, such as it was, was pointing at Jonny and bleating " I'm with YOU!"  You're right that there's a vague resemblance to Guy Marx, but it's not him.