Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Vernon Dent's last Stooge film?

Offline healyhouston

Does anyone know Vernon Dent's last Stooge film with new footage.  I see he retired in 1953 but was in films at least until 1957.  He was blind by the time of Shemps funeral in 1955.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Does anyone know Vernon Dent's last Stooge film with new footage.  I see he retired in 1953 but was in films at least until 1957.  He was blind by the time of Shemps funeral in 1955.

Knutzy Knights
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Squirrelbait

If I'm not mistaken, his last new footage was in 'Knutzy Knights' as Shemp_Diesel mentioned, but with the use of stock footage, he also shows up in 'Guns-A-Poppin'.

If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp

Was it 100% stock footage?  I seem to recall not?  Which would mean that Dent was either fully blind or darn close to it at the time, right?  I have read that he played parts while blind, but as I watched him carefully in those last shorts, it seemed impossible the he could have been blind.  He was just too aware of his surroundings.   

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
If I'm not mistaken, his last new footage was in 'Knutzy Knights' as Shemp_Diesel mentioned, but with the use of stock footage, he also shows up in 'Guns-A-Poppin'.

Was it 100% stock footage?  I seem to recall not? 

Dent's appearance in GUNS A POPPIN! (1957) is 100% stock footage from 1945's IDIOTS DELUXE.

His last appearance via new footage is KNUTZY KNIGHTS (1954), as noted above by 'Shemp_Diesel' and 'Squirrelbait.'

Offline MR77100

Dent's final Stooge short with real live footage was KNUTZY KNIGHTS.