Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Two Sennett shorts to DVD/Blu, 6/4/13

Offline falsealarms

Two Mack Sennett shorts will be included as extras on the upcoming (6/4) DVD/Blu-Ray release of the 1933 romantic comedy PERFECT UNDERSTANDING.

The Sennett shorts are HUSBAND'S REUNION (1933) and DREAM STUFF (1933). Per IMDB, they both star Walter Catlett.

Has anyone seen either short?

More info: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/323399-cohen-media-press-release-perfect-understanding-1933-dvd/

Offline Rich Finegan

Two Mack Sennett shorts will be included as extras on the upcoming (6/4) DVD/Blu-Ray release of the 1933 romantic comedy PERFECT UNDERSTANDING.

The Sennett shorts are HUSBAND'S REUNION (1933) and DREAM STUFF (1933). Per IMDB, they both star Walter Catlett.

Has anyone seen either short?

Yes, I've seen both - I've had DREAM STUFF on video since the mid-1980's when The Movie Channel used to run old Paramount shorts as fillers after movies. And a friend has a 16mm print of HUSBAND'S REUNION. They're both okay, nothing great, but still it's nice to see them being officially released on DVD.

The movie PERFECT UNDERSTANDING was just shown on TCM on April 17 and everyone I know who was interested recorded it. But hopefully the inclusion of these two rarely seen shorts will inspire enough DVD sales that they'll continue to add shorts to future releases.