Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Introduction to the weekly episode discussions

Dunrobin · 893 · 177547

Hey folks, need a hand.  I am looking for the clip or entire episode whereby Curly "volunteers".  As I vaguely recall the boys are in the Army, the Drill Sargent is pacing back and forth with his head down and states that he needs a Volunteer.  Naturally, Larry and Mo take a huge step back and when the Sargent looks up, he believes that Curly has willingly volunteered.   Please assist.  THANKS.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Gents Without Cents (1944)....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Going to try and get the next Laurel and Hardy review this weekend.  This time it's a short, but after this week, a feature!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Apologies for the delay, will get my next review up next weekend, especially since Paul's latest Keaton review is up.  Ever have everything go to Hell at the same time, even the car?  Oy vey.  Will be back to normal soon.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I am in delay as I psychologically recover from having my Ph.D. dreams crushed once again... this time permanently.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

I am in delay as I psychologically recover from having my Ph.D. dreams crushed once again... this time permanently.

Paul, sorry to hear it, man.  I know it's a lot of work trying to get a P.H.D.  Take all the time you need, but ironically, you only have one more short to go.  Still, take your time.

My latest Laurel and Hardy is now up.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

My condolences to you, Paul - goes without saying that much of the PhD is dependent on the project and advisor - don't know if that was your case, but I know there are lousy projects that make it through and solid ones that don't.  Anyway, my hat's off to you for trying - not many individuals do.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
My condolences to you, Paul - goes without saying that much of the PhD is dependent on the project and advisor - don't know if that was your case, but I know there are lousy projects that make it through and solid ones that don't.  Anyway, my hat's off to you for trying - not many individuals do.

Couldn't find a professor who had research funding
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Umbrella Sam

Sorry to hear about that. Take as much time as you need, Paul.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

The first Educational era Keaton short review is now up, so we'll officially be rotating from that to a Laurel and Hardy film week by week for the next several months.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Going to get the next Laurel and Hardy review in Monday or Tuesday.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

New Laurel and Hardy review up, next Keaton this weekend.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

Currently traveling. I'm hoping to do both reviews this weekend when I get home.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I have finally secured a position for my future.  I should be really in tune with things starting this January.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

I have finally secured a position for my future.  I should be really in tune with things starting this January.

Congrats!  I hope you're happy with what you'll be doing.  At age 39 I've finally found a job I can at least stomach and it has made a huge difference in my demeanor.  May happiness and fulfillment with what you do come your way, then the money, leggy supermodels, luxurious mansions, and servants will follow.  [pie]. Good luck, and get a good blu ray player and a ton of classic comedy films to review after a few paychecks.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Gonna have one of my two fer weekends with both Buster and Laurel and Hardy getting a review.  I should have the time....4 day weekend.  Just don't expect Friday night....seeing Glenn Hughes in concert. \m/
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Laurel and Hardy review up.  Keaton coming shortly.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
What better way to celebrate my 25th (August 28th, for those nyuk-nyuks wondering) than by watching three of my favorite, if not my top three, Curly shorts: DISORDER IN THE COURT, MEN IN BLACK, and THEY STOOGE TO CONGA.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

What better way to celebrate my 25th (August 28th, for those nyuk-nyuks wondering) than by watching three of my favorite, if not my top three, Curly shorts: DISORDER IN THE COURT, MEN IN BLACK, and THEY STOOGE TO CONGA.

Happy belated birthday, Paul.

As a late gift, the latest Keaton review is now up.  [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

Going to be another two-fer Friday coming up with Laurel and Hardy/Keaton.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Buster Keaton and Laurel and Hardy reviews both up!

In two weeks the next film for the Laurel and Hardy spot would be The Devil's Brother, a feature.  I'm debating whether to do it or not and it depends on how you guys respond.  Due to Warners owning it, along with Bohemian Girl, it's on a different DVD set than the 10 disc set and doesn't appear to be available online as far as I can tell.  So Chief, Sam, Paul, since only you three guys normally respond, do any of you guys have access to The Devil's Brother or Bohemian Girl?  If so, I'll do it, if not, I'll skip and go to the next short.  I do have a copy myself.
- Doug Sarnecky

Sorry, I don't have either, I wish I did, I loved both when I was a kid.

Offline Umbrella Sam

Yes, I have access to both of them. Really looking forward to THE DEVIL’S BROTHER, as I’ve heard some really good things about it. Apparently BONNIE SCTOLAND has some narrative problems, though.