Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Introduction to the weekly episode discussions

Dunrobin · 893 · 178353

Offline metaldams

My review for SPEAK EASILY is up.  This one is on YouTube and is definitely worth watching, so I hope to see some opinions this week.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Final Keaton MGM review will be up tomorrow night.  Paul, are you starting the Columbias next week?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Final Keaton MGM review will be up tomorrow night.  Paul, are you starting the Columbias next week?

Yes sirree!  I figure you can do Educationals, and I'll find someething else to review afterwards.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

Yes sirree!  I figure you can do Educationals, and I'll find someething else to review afterwards.

You do the Columbia shorts starting next week, and of course I'll pitch in.  I'll take at least a few weeks off from starting reviews and get to the Educational shorts when I'm refreshed.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
MOOCHING THROUGH GEORGIA thread will go up tomorrow.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
MOOCHING THROUGH GEORGIA thread will go up tomorrow.

I am truly sorry about this.  My Saturday, after I posted that, turned out to be about 100 times crazier than I had planned.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

I am truly sorry about this.  My Saturday, after I posted that, turned out to be about 100 times crazier than I had planned.

I hope everything's OK.  Post it whenever you can, I know what it's like where some weeks I'm more up for it than others.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I hope everything's OK.  Post it whenever you can, I know what it's like where some weeks I'm more up for it than others.

It's all OK.  I'm just busy.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

My review for MOOCHING THROUGH GEORGIA will show up in the next few days, but more importantly, two other things to say.

1.) In the next week or two, I will start posting reviews of Keaton Educational comedy shorts.

2.) I am retiring the rating system.  After reviewing what's gotta be what, roughly 300 films by this point, my 8/10 vs. 7/10 is becoming mind numbing.  There are degrees where I can't tell the difference anymore, so I'm just going to let my typed thoughts speak for themselves.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I have not forgotten you, my followers!  Review thread to come tonight!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead

Offline metaldams

OK, made a decision.  When Paul's done with the Columbia Keatons, I will switch back and forth with one week of Keaton Educational shorts and one week of.....Laurel and Hardy.  Yes, I will try to finish what I started, with Sam here, I should have at least some commentary.   [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Good choice.

I want to apologize for everything.  I am ultra busy as of late, so getting these reviews up is very difficult.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

I have access to the Keaton Columbias through DVD and will do my next review soon, but since they've been taken down it made me think about what I want to do going forward.  Stuff not on YouTube, like I believe is the case with Laurel and Hardy talkies, may not be on YouTube, so Big Chief, Paul, Umbrella, and anyone else, do you guys have access to this stuff? Weeks of potential no responses are a bummer.

Harold Lloyd two reelers and Chaplin Mutual shorts are old enough to be public domain, so no risk of those being taken down.  Considering doing those next if you guys don't have access to Laurel and Hardy, as well as Keaton Educaional, assuming they don't get taken down.
- Doug Sarnecky

I have the L & H Essential Collection, so I have all of the sound shorts and many of the features.

Offline Umbrella Sam

I also have the Laurel and Hardy Essential Collection as well as BABES IN TOYLAND, and BONNIE SCOTLAND and THE DEVIL’S BROTHER are both available for rental on iTunes, so I should be good with Laurel and Hardy for the Hal Roach era at least.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I have access to the Keaton Columbias through DVD and will do my next review soon, but since they've been taken down it made me think about what I want to do going forward.  Stuff not on YouTube, like I believe is the case with Laurel and Hardy talkies, may not be on YouTube, so Big Chief, Paul, Umbrella, and anyone else, do you guys have access to this stuff? Weeks of potential no responses are a bummer.

Harold Lloyd two reelers and Chaplin Mutual shorts are old enough to be public domain, so no risk of those being taken down.  Considering doing those next if you guys don't have access to Laurel and Hardy, as well as Keaton Educaional, assuming they don't get taken down.

L&H are all over DailyMotion, I believe.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

So I'll do the entire Roach era for sure, but skip Fox since people don't seem to have access to those films....unless you guys buy them.  I have both sets, and while not their best work, definitely more enjoyable than pre DVD release reputation.  Worth checking out.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Going to try to get a review in, probably Laurel and Hardy, this weekend.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

Going to try to get a review in, probably Laurel and Hardy, this weekend.

Cool. Looking forward to it.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

Hoping to finally have my review of Laurel and Hardy's THE CHIMP up sometime this week.  Like Paul, my life's been pretty busy as of late too....too busy.  But the review should be up in the next few days.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

It's been a while, but the newest Laurel and Hardy review is up!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I apologize for not being more consistent with the reviews.  But, life's hectic often.  Good news is that in a few months I will be moving out and starting Ph.D. school, so I should have some regularity to my schedule then.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

I apologize for not being more consistent with the reviews.  But, life's hectic often.  Good news is that in a few months I will be moving out and starting Ph.D. school, so I should have some regularity to my schedule then.

Take your time, life happens.  I'll be busting out Laurel and Hardy reviews in the mean time and once you finish the three or four Columbia Keaton shorts left, I'll mix in the Educational shorts.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I will be trying to get the next Keaton review up this week.
#1 fire kibitzer