Introduction to the weekly episode discussions

Dunrobin · 893 · 174640

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Each week, we (meaning metaldams) will be creating a new thread on this board to start a discussion on one of the 190 Columbia short subjects, in chronological order beginning with Woman Haters.  All members are encouraged to join in the discussions.  (Don't forget that everything you need for reference is on the appropriate episode pages on the site, and once a discussion thread has been started there will be links to it on that episode's page.) 

There will only be one thread per episode, so the discussions will remain open indefinitely to allow less frequent visitors a chance to participate.

Offline luke795

If you post one short a week that will take 4 years to get through them all.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Just under 3 years and 8 months, but who's countin'?   ;)

Offline metaldams

Which will probably mean more discussion the next four years than the last four years.  Try joining in.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Larrys#1

Just under 3 years and 8 months, but who's countin'?   ;)

Yeah... better than waiting 140 years, 6 months and 17 days for $62 to grow to $500 at the bank. :D

Offline archiezappa

Sounds like a great idea to revitalize this message board.  I will definitely be participating. 

Offline Kopfy2013

Offline metaldams

I just want to thank every single one of you who's participating in these discussions.  This has been successful well beyond what I imagined.  I look forward to every Saturday morning or Friday night watching a short, writing about it, and then reading about what you all have to say.  There's been some great posts from you guys, so thank you all.  We're not even 10 percent through yet, so I hope you all hang on for the ride.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Kopfy2013

Offline metaldams

I will be on away this coming week (woo hoo!), so because of my schedule, I have started the DIZZY DOCTORS thread early, and 3 DUMB CLUCKS will be started a day later than usual, the morning of Sunday the 22nd.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I will be on away this coming week (woo hoo!), so because of my schedule, I have started the DIZZY DOCTORS thread early, and 3 DUMB CLUCKS will be started a day later than usual, the morning of Sunday the 22nd.

Are you going on vacation, Doug?   ;)

Offline metaldams

Are you going on vacation, Doug?   ;)

North Carolina with my Mom's side of the family the first week, and the second week, minus a Tuesday I have to work (I have to work 11 days a month to make bonuses), I'm just going to stay home and watch movies all day.  It shall be glorious, but alas, two more days of work are still in my way, and I have to actually go minutes after typing this.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
North Carolina with my Mom's side of the family the first week, and the second week, minus a Tuesday I have to work (I have to work 11 days a month to make bonuses), I'm just going to stay home and watch movies all day.  It shall be glorious, but alas, two more days of work are still in my way, and I have to actually go minutes after typing this.

Ah, vacations!  I remember those.  (Last one I took was when my brother and I drove out to Idaho in July 2006 to visit our Dad.)

Have fun, and enjoy the time off!   [pie]

Offline JazzBill

Ah, vacations!  I remember those.  (Last one I took was when my brother and I drove out to Idaho in July 2006 to visit our Dad.)

You need to get away more Rob! A little time away does wonders. 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
When I was younger I was a real nomad.  I never stayed anywhere more than a year or two at a stretch, and suffered from extreme wanderlust ever Spring.  That came to a screeching halt when we moved out here into the countryside 21 years ago.  I guess it was what I was always looking for.

I joke about never taking a vacation, or that my retirement plan is an early grave, but I can't really complain.  Physically speaking, I have a very relaxing life.  I live in the peaceful, quiet countryside.  I work from home, at the hours I choose, and it's stuff I love doing, even when I'm under the gun.    My only real "complaint" is that I isolated myself living in the closet for so long, and living out here makes it a bit harder to get more sociable again.  (There is a complete lack of gay bars in my rural county.  Go figure.) 

I am hoping to finally get my (not so fat) ass to the Fan Club meeting next Spring, though, and finally meeting some of you guys.   ;) 

Offline Larrys#1

I haven't taken vacation in over a year and it's murder. That's because I've been switching jobs. Hopefully, next summer, I can take vacation since I'll be at my current job for over a year by then. I'm going to fight to get a two week vacation....

Offline metaldams

I haven't taken vacation in over a year and it's murder. That's because I've been switching jobs. Hopefully, next summer, I can take vacation since I'll be at my current job for over a year by then. I'm going to fight to get a two week vacation....

Go for it, life's too short, enjoy what you can.  Switching jobs, I mean in this crazy world, that's common these days.  I'm in my mid 30's and I'm working the first job in my life where I'm about to receive a promotion and earn financial incentives for doing a good job.  Every other place I've worked no longer exists either through the entire department being shut down or mergers, so there was never any upward mobility.  Good luck to you.

I was unemployed from from early May - early December 2012, which is anything but a vacation, but the last time I had a vacation while working was exactly two years ago.  Literally the week after I got back there was a company meeting saying 90 percent of the company was about to be let go within six months.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

When I was younger I was a real nomad.  I never stayed anywhere more than a year or two at a stretch, and suffered from extreme wanderlust ever Spring.  That came to a screeching halt when we moved out here into the countryside 21 years ago.  I guess it was what I was always looking for.

I joke about never taking a vacation, or that my retirement plan is an early grave, but I can't really complain.  Physically speaking, I have a very relaxing life.  I live in the peaceful, quiet countryside.  I work from home, at the hours I choose, and it's stuff I love doing, even when I'm under the gun.    My only real "complaint" is that I isolated myself living in the closet for so long, and living out here makes it a bit harder to get more sociable again.  (There is a complete lack of gay bars in my rural county.  Go figure.) 

I am hoping to finally get my (not so fat) ass to the Fan Club meeting next Spring, though, and finally meeting some of you guys.   ;)

My job is anything but relaxing, but it pays and in less than a year I will be 100 percent debt free and will start saving money.  Unless if I ever start a family, I will probably be opposite of you, living a relatively reclusive life in my twenties but living it up in my forties and fifties.  Why not if I save my money wisely and avoid debt?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

If you go next spring you won't meet anyone. The meeting has been changed to every other year so the next meeting isn't till spring of 2015. (Congrats on the weight loss) 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

We did seem to lose a few members but hopefully some of you other regulars could pitch in (yes I'm talking to you).  I think this is a cool idea but there are very few responses in the GOOFS AND SADDLES thread.  Next week's short I'm REALLY looking forward to discussing, but if we continue to get minimal responses for another month or so, I will close this due to lack of enthusiasm, which quite frankly would be pretty lame.  Hopefully you numbskulls will join in, give you an extra excuse to watch the shorts, at least.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

The weekly discussion's possible end has been exaggerated.  Thanks to you guys contributing.  While I still would like to see a few more people involved, we got just enough now to make it worth it, so let's keep it up and get to 190.....and then features and solo shorts...maybe cartoons, and then some of the random stuff in the filmography where Derita was suspected to wolf down the matzoh balls at the catering table.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Kopfy2013

Yes, please keep it open. Hopefully more participation will commence as time goes by.
Niagara Falls

Offline luke795

The weekly discussion's possible end has been exaggerated.  Thanks to you guys contributing.  While I still would like to see a few more people involved, we got just enough now to make it worth it, so let's keep it up and get to 190.....and then features and solo shorts...maybe cartoons, and then some of the random stuff in the filmography where Derita was suspected to wolf down the matzoh balls at the catering table.

That part about Derita was funny.