Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Tom & Jerry Golden Collection Vol. 2

Offline Curly4444

Warner brothers has done it to us again. After waiting a year for the vol.2 of the Tom and Jerry golden collection, its going to be released but not complete. They're leaving out Casanova Cat and Mouse Cleaning over fear that the stereotyping gags will cause an uproar. Well, leaving these 2 cartoons out is causing and uproar by the fans of classic animation.  I will not buy this set unless these are on it. Nothing is 100% official, so they could be on there but im not holding my breath. They initial list of what was going to be on the set didnt include these.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/retro-classic-cartoons/301455-tom-jerry-golden-collection-vol-2-announced.html

Offline metaldams

A few years ago, I bought vol. 1 for my nephew and it was one of the best gifts I bought.  He still loves those cartoons and will watch anything Tom and Jerry, even the newer stuff.  I know he'll love volume 2, and frankly, the exclusion of two cartoons, understandably a big deal to adult fans, will probably not sway me when buying for a 5 year old who'd never notice the difference. Now if I were buying this strictly for me, I'd be more upset.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Larrys#1

Very odd why they would omit those two cartoon. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of this so called "Golden Collection".

Offline archiezappa

They should just put a disclaimer on there, just like on the Looney Tunes set, and release the set complete.  That would be better than not releasing a complete set.  So many people are easily offended, nowadays.

Offline Curly4444

They had a disclaimer last time(Vol.1) and everything was fine. The episode pulled were the most controversial of the series. What they should do is put these episodes in the bonus materials section.

Yeah i get it metaldams, if your buying it for a kid he wont care. I guess the WB ppl were afraid ppl like your nephew would see it. But then again he probably wouldn't get the stereotype jokes anyway?

Offline metaldams

Yeah i get it metaldams, if your buying it for a kid he wont care. I guess the WB ppl were afraid ppl like your nephew would see it. But then again he probably wouldn't get the stereotype jokes anyway?

My nephew learns worse in daycare than anything in a Tom and Jerry cartoon.  Real life conversation when he was 3:

Nephew:  Daddy, I learned a bad word today.

Brother:  Oh yeah, what was that?

Nephew:  Pineapple poopy butt fuck.

My brother then does a combination of trying to hold back laughter and tell his son that's not nice.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline locoboymakesgood

It's my understanding that WB has been prepping a controversial animation set, but haven't finalized any details. It's been known for awhile that The Censored 11 will eventually make their way to a commercial (non-Warner Archive) release.

I guess it's possible they're holding Casanova Cat and Mouse Cleaning for this release since they're some of the more well-known "taboo" shorts.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
It's my understanding that WB has been prepping a controversial animation set, but haven't finalized any details. It's been known for awhile that The Censored 11 will eventually make their way to a commercial (non-Warner Archive) release.

I guess it's possible they're holding Casanova Cat and Mouse Cleaning for this release since they're some of the more well-known "taboo" shorts.

Nope.  The censored-11 plans have been canceled, by the same decision that omits these two T&Js with blackface gags.

This decree was not made by Warner Home Video, but senior level Warner Bros. Entertainment suits.

Offline Curly4444

So some fatcats are keeping us from owning all the T&J cartoons. Great. I wish i had a dvd player that played pal region dvd's, as i heard in Europe those 2 cartoons are on a dvd set. If they dont want to release these in a conventional way, at least put them on the Warner archives.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
After waiting a year for the vol.2 of the Tom and Jerry golden collection, its going to be released but not complete. They're leaving out Casanova Cat and Mouse Cleaning over fear that the stereotyping gags will cause an uproar.

Warner Home Entertainment has postponed its release.  Whether this translates into a reevaluation of the earlier decision, or a product cancelation, remains to be revealed.

General word-of-mouth... the censorship issue generated enough negative publicity, negative reviews (ex., Amazon @ 98 reviews averaging 1-star), and extremely low pre-order #s, that WHV has decided to "postpone."

Offline stsjohn

Thanks for this link . Tom & Jerry Golden is my favorite cartoon . I just grow up watching this cartoon .