Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Edgar Kennedy, Leon Errol to DVD

Offline falsealarms

Some DVD news that's not related to the Stooges, but may be of interest to those here.

Budget-minded Alpha has released two intriguing sets, a 7 short Leon Errol RKO collection and a 10 short Edgar Kennedy collection. The Kennedy is the third one they've released, but the first one since mid 2010. As with most Alpha releases, don't expect anything close to pristine clarity. But their quality can be decent enough at times. It also appears as if Alpha has transitioned from DVDs to DVD-Rs.

Oldies.com doesn't list any details as far as what shorts are on these discs, which both go for $5.95.

KENNEDY: http://www.oldies.com/product-view/6915D.html

ERROL: http://www.oldies.com/product-view/6913D.html

Offline fearlessfrizzletop

Unfortunately, Alpha Video does now put all their new releases on DVD-R. And they also tend to squeeze everything onto a single-layer disc, so I imagine 10 shorts would be highly compressed. But kudos to Alpha for releasing things nobody else is putting out! Chris

Offline falsealarms

The content is now listed.

ERROL:
Bested by a Beard (1940)
Man-I-Cured (1941)
Framing Father (1942)
Pretty Dolly (1942)
Maid Trouble (1946)
Twin Husbands (1946)
Lord Epping Returns (1951)

KENNEDY
The Other Fellow (1937)
Ears Of Experience (1938)
Clock Wise (1939)
Sunk By The Census (1940)
A Quiet Fourth (1941)
Hot Foot (1943)
It's Your Move (1945)
You Drive Me Crazy (1945)
Motor Maniacs (1946)
Trouble Or Nothing (1946)

Offline metaldams

I haven't bought an Alpha DVD in years, but if I buy these, they'll be up on YouTube the next day, if they aren't already.  We're pretty lucky these days.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

I haven't seen any of those titles, so if anyone here has, by all means chime in.

Offline falsealarms

Of note, IT'S YOUR MOVE (1945, Edgar Kennedy) is a remake of the lost L&H short HATS OFF.

About half of the Kennedy short was put on YouTube four years ago.

(YT functions yet to be enabled)