Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Conrad Bain, 89

Offline ProfessorStooge

Actor Conrad Bain has passed away at age 89. He is best known for the role of Phillip Drummond on Diff'rent Strokes. Prior to that, he portrayed Dr. Arthur Harmon on Maude for six years. In his post-Diff'rent Strokes years, Bain focused on theatre and screenwriting.

Offline sandmountainslim

It was SO strange.  A friend and I were discussing whether or not he was alive tuesday so I looked him up on Wikipedia and he was........the next day  heard he had died!

Offline Lefty

Besides having watched Conrad Bain on those two sitcoms, I remember something else about him.  He and Bill Macy, then big shots on "Maude," were being interviewed by Flyers' broadcaster Gene Hart at intermission of one of the Flyers' many wins in Los Angeles.  All those two could do was insult the Flyers' fans, laughing and enjoying themselves the entire time.  Well, at least CB got to see his Kings win the Stanley Cup before his death.  As for Macy, he never got over the Flyers beating his beloved Bruins in 1974.  Gene Hart interviewed many celebrities over the years when the Flyers were in L.A., but those two were the only miscreants.

Offline Curly4444

Man, ppl form that show are dropping like flys. Who's left just just Willis(Arnold's older brother)?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Man, ppl form that show are dropping like flys. Who's left just just Willis(Arnold's older brother)?

Original cast:  Todd Bridges and Charlotte Rae
Later costars:  Mary Jo Catlett, Mary Ann Mobley and Danny Cooksey

Offline Curly4444

Original cast:  Todd Bridges and Charlotte Rae
Later costars:  Mary Jo Catlett, Mary Ann Mobley and Danny Cooksey
A little more left than i thought. Didn't know Charlotte Rae was alive. Wasn't she on the facts of life?