Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Blu Ray Stooges, 9/25/12

Offline falsealarms

It looks like The Three Stooges are coming to Blu Ray.

Before anyone gets too worked up, this release is from Legend Films. Amazon has nothing but a release date (9/25/12) but the guess here is Blu Ray releases of the public domain shorts and/or maybe SWING PARADE OF 1946.

On the same day, Legend is releasing THE BEST OF OUR GANG in Blu Ray. No details, but probably a Blu Ray release of this material: http://www.legendfilms.net/retailProductPage.php?item_num=LF00392

Offline HELLOLARRY

What are peoples thoughts on this?  I can live without blu-ray of the PD shorts and definately Swing Parade. I've watched SP maybe once or twice and only own it as I'm a completest with their films. I've had a blu-ray for about a year and have 'upgraded' very few titles. The upconvert feature on the blu ray makes the black and white image look really really nice. If there is something new coming out that I don't already own, I'll buy the blu-ray. However, since the majority of the material in my collection is older, how much better can this stuff look after a while?

Offline Larrys#1

It’s a shame the three stooges never got a Blu-ray release. All the episodes are available to stream in HD via the Tubi app (with ads) and they look fantastic! I wish there were some way we can purchase these.