Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Hi, Eric

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
So an off-hand remark about someone being you (which I did not believe, but trying to think of someone I might have banned is always going to bring you to mind as you were our greatest troll) brought you out of your cave? For fucks sake get over it and grow up already. I will not engage you in years old petty bullshit on the blu-ray.com forum. I will only say that I hope all is well for you and I thank you for your condolences when my mother passed in case you missed it when I thanked you on here at the time. You know my email if you feel need to reach me, it's the same as it's always been.

Beware of moronika.com. The moderator wasn't scolding the poster or threatening him with banishment, it's true. The moderator was talking down to the poster and has a history of talking down to posters and coming off like he thinks he's really cool and smart just because he's a moderator, maybe even actually a co-admin there now. He won't admit to himself that as a regular poster, he's on the same level as everyone else there. Do you know he actually told a poster to get through his head that the original six Stooges are not in this 2012 movie? No duh, mod-boy!! The poster didn't even say that! He also called the poster a puritan for criticizing toilet humor and religious humor just in this movie! Those things and the Stooges really don't mix, like the poster pretty much said.

Also beware of the site if you don't like swearing. Posters there are allowed to swear like sailors as long as they don't swear at each other (thankfully they don't always). They defend a person's right to swear there like anywhere else.

Also beware if you have a legitimate gripe with the mod/admins (especially that one) because that one won't hear it, being so much cooler and smarter than you, and you will always be wrong. You will run the high risk of getting banned too (especially with that one).

As for the movie, I agree with what that Shemp-Deisel poster said over there, except about the 2000 movie, which I thought was alright despite it's flaws. A real down point of this recent film is the Jersey Shore crap. Those idiots like to intrude in every TV show and movie they can. I can take the religious humor (I like the original Blues Brothers movie) and minimal or not, toilet humor doesn't mix with the Stooges, so I wouldn't like it in this movie (the lobster in the pants joke ranks with it)- and I like toilet humor and fart jokes as much as the next person.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

I don't know who that was, but it was some guy that just registered today at that site. I just want to say that I didn't take that "puritan" comment of yours as a insult. There was just a slight miscommunication because my post gave the impression that I was solely against toilet humor and religious humor. The poster was correct when he said that toilet and religious humor don't mix with the stooges and that's the point I was trying to make. I have no problem whatsoever with toilet humor per se. But with religious humor, I guess I can be a bit of a puritan at times as I am a practicing Catholic. It really all depends. If the humor is done tastefully and to make a point, I usually don't mind. Very very rarely would I boycott a movie solely because I find the humor to be religiously offensive.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That is Islipp, ain't no mistakin' him. I'm just not going to clog up some other board with ancient history if that's what he wants. I made an offhand remark about another being him (I believe the other poster is a former member, but not him) but I suppose he took the mere mention of his initials as an open invitation to war. 25 year old Jim would have "taken up arms" but 35 year old Jim is a little more respectful and doesn't feel like destroying innocent message boards, lol.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I don't know who that was, but it was some guy that just registered today at that site. I just want to say that I didn't take that "puritan" comment of yours as a insult. There was just a slight miscommunication because my post gave the impression that I was solely against toilet humor and religious humor. The poster was correct when he said that toilet and religious humor don't mix with the stooges and that's the point I was trying to make. I have no problem whatsoever with toilet humor per se. But with religious humor, I guess I can be a bit of a puritan at times as I am a practicing Catholic. It really all depends. If the humor is done tastefully and to make a point, I usually don't mind. Very very rarely would I boycott a movie solely because I find the humor to be religiously offensive.

I've always said if you can't laugh at yourself first then you have no sense of humor. There are no "sacred cows" that cannot be touched by the tentacles of comedy, not even religion. In fact, I'd venture a guess that ultra sensitive religious nuts end up shooting themselves in the foot by painting a bigger target when they show they have no sense of humor and complain about the slightest things.

xraffle

In fact, I'd venture a guess that ultra sensitive religious nuts end up shooting themselves in the foot by painting a bigger target when they show they have no sense of humor and complain about the slightest things.

Even though I'm a practicing Catholic, my main gripe with religion is that they like to get into people's business even though they're not harming anyone. It angers me when a priests preaches how married couples should have kids, gay people can't get married, young men should become priests, people shouldn't use condoms, etc... I mean, who cares? It's that person's business and no one else's. There are times when a person just needs to butt out.