Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Summer Movies 2014 (and beyond)

Offline Squirrelbait

I was a little late on this one, but seeing Giff me dat fill-em's X-Men thread in the Nitpicker's Corner gave me this idea. What summer blockbusters have you seen, and which are your most anticipated of those to come?

I'm a bit of a Marvel fanboy, so I've seen Amazing Spider-Man 2, as well as X-Men Days Of Future Past and, although it was a month before the 'official' start of Summer movie season, Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I enjoyed Cap and X-men, Spider-Man was so-so.

I'm also excited to see 'Edge Of Tomorrow' and 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'. And if I'm feeling generous, I might even give the new 'Transformers' a chance.

Sound off, and keep in mind, this isn't just necessarily limited to only 'summer' movies. What else peaks your interest in the future?

Have fun!
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Svengarlic

Like you I'm a sucker for anything Marvel, but the X Men franchise has become rediculous, and my Fave Character, Logan, can't save 'em. I also did not like seeing Famke Jansen's chatacter killed off. Worse, brought back from the fucking dead!

As far as summer movies in general: I refuse to pay money to see computer generated action flicks. I won't watch 'em. If somebody knows of any good film in the theaters now please let me know. I'm talking good script and actors with no crotch humor or over the top action.

BTW, Famke has the biggest feet in Hollywood. She's 6'2" with a shoe size of 11.

Offline metaldams

I'm attracted to taller women, so 6'2" is fine by me.

I'm not a comic book fan at all, and I too am not much a fan of computer generated films or scripts filled with irony and sarcasm when the situation does not call for it.  I was not even a film buff at all until my early twenties when I discovered silent film and classic Hollywood.  There are individual modern films I like, but overall, I'm not a modern blockbuster kind of guy.  I did see Godzilla because a friend wanted me to go with him - I was bored.

That said, I do want to see this....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2450440/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

Not only have I not seen that one, I never even heard of it. That's no surprise as I pay little attention to this modern Hollywood. But I like Kline. I have never seen him in anything bad. The little movie where his wife (Tracy Ulman?) kept trying to murder him was not great, but well made, and if I had been stoned I'm sure I would have got a kick out of it.

Errol Flynn's name comes up in every single Actresses' bio that I've read. Each one says he fucked every actress in Hollywood...except them. Bette Davis, who shagged the brains out of every leading man she ever had even refused to admit it. He was a big part of the WC Fields bio I read. Men loved to be around the guy as much as women.

As I have never even SEEN a Flynn biography I'm looking forward to seeing this film too!