Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

THE THREE STOOGES (2012) DVD/Blu Ray, July 17

Offline falsealarms

Amazon has pre-orders for THE THREE STOOGES (2012).

It streets on 7/17/12.

DVD
http://astore.amazon.com/thethreestoogeso/detail/B005S9EL08

BLU-RAY (also includes DVD and a digital copy)
http://astore.amazon.com/thethreestoogeso/detail/B005S9EL3K
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:30:21 PM by falsealarms »

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I've seen enough of this movie and there is no way I'm going to put more money in the Farrelly coffers by purchasing this turd.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline falsealarms

I'm not surprised. I'm still waiting for it to get to the second-run movie house near me.

But it appears that some do like it and those Amazon links go through threestooges.net and the site gets a little something from it. Nobody seems to know what the status of the main site is, but it can't hurt.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well of course False, this is a Three Stooges site and this movie is loosely related to their real works and there are people on here who like it (I noticed those that liked the movie tend to have lower post counts here than those that don't...interesting) showing that there is no accounting for good taste.

If you want my advice you'd be better off saving your money and downloading a cam copy off a torrent or something. You'll just end up smacking yourself around for spending money on it when deep down inside you knew you shouldn't have wasted the cash on it. Even in a second-run theater it's really not worth the ticket price.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Myren

I just saw this pre order on Amazon. The movie must be really good if it is on DVD already!

Offline archiezappa

Wow!  That's pretty quick.  I guess that's modern technology for ya.  Yes, I will buy it.

xraffle

This is officially being released on Blu-ray and DVD on July 17th. That was quick!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8843

Offline QuinceHead

Movies are coming to DVD and Blu-Ray quicker than ever these days -- guess the studios want to make as much as possible through whatever venues they can.  With the price of movie tickets, the increased rudeness of cinema patrons, and the crappy economy, I'm not surprised that fewer people are going to the cinemegaplexes these days...  ::)

I'm not sure if it still holds the record, but the movie that had the quickest "movie release to home video release" was the Vanilla Ice epic Cool As Ice...

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline Paul Allen

I just saw this pre order on Amazon. The movie must be really good if it is on DVD already!
I do hope you were joking.  I don't think "really good" has anything to do with it.  It's all about making a quick buck.

xraffle

Yeah, actually it's the opposite. If it's on DVD and Blu-ray already, that means it didn't last long in theaters.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Movies are coming to DVD and Blu-Ray quicker than ever these days -- guess the studios want to make as much as possible through whatever venues they can.  With the price of movie tickets, the increased rudeness of cinema patrons, and the crappy economy, I'm not surprised that fewer people are going to the cinemegaplexes these days...  ::)

I'm not sure if it still holds the record, but the movie that had the quickest "movie release to home video release" was the Vanilla Ice epic Cool As Ice...

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Enough people still go to the movies, just look at the box office take of The Avengers so far ($586M as of this weekend's estimate). The Avengers, being a success will stick around for a couple more weeks until the new Spider-Man releases. They will then put it in the second-run places for a bit and I would guess it gets released sometime just before or during the holiday season. The Stooges movie, like a lot of other movies these days, is getting that quick turnover to home video because they are trying to strike while the movie is still somewhat in people's minds, and it would also get swallowed up during the holidays by bigger movies like Avengers.

With some time having passed between when I saw the film the only thing that amazes me about it is how unremarkable it is. I barely remember it (and that's not only due to pot). In some perverse way it would have been better (and definitely more memorable) if we got a terrible movie.

Offline Rhinosaurus

Offline falsealarms

Anyone know what the extras will consist of? Or have a link?

blu-ray.com reports the following:

Behind-the-scenes featurettes:
    - What's the Big Idea? A History of The Three Stooges
    - Knuckleheads: Behind the Scenes of The Three Stooges
    - Did You Hear that? The Three Stooges Sound Effects
    - Poifect: Casting The Three Stooges
    Deleted/extended scenes
    The Three Stooges Mash-up feature
    Original screen test

xraffle

I'm sure everyone here is excited that this movie comes out on DVD & Blu-ray today.

Offline falsealarms

I'm sure everyone here is excited that this movie comes out on DVD & Blu-ray today.

Ha, I don't think so :)

I never did see this, though I have a free movie credit through Verizon Fios' on demand service and could use that for this.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

I can hardly contain myself, it seems like it took forever.

Offline ProfessorStooge

I saw the movie twice in the theaters. Today I bought the DVD and showed it to my wife. She actually found it pretty funny.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I enjoyed the film, but I wouldn't consider buying it.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

xraffle

Blu-ray.com posted a review on this:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Three-Stooges-Blu-ray/44396/#Review

His review seems to be spot on, although I haven't seen the movie. But his opinion seems to be in line with what most people here have said.

Offline falsealarms

The reviewer said it well - the film was completely unnecessary, but not "as awful as it could've been."

I finally saw it for myself the other day, largely because I had a chance to see it for free.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I enjoyed the film, but I wouldn't consider buying it.
I just woke up and I swear I went to give this a 'like'. Too much Facebook for me.

xraffle

I saw the movie twice in the theaters. Today I bought the DVD and showed it to my wife. She actually found it pretty funny.

I was reading the threads on this movie at Blu-ray.com and couldn't help but see someone mention that my reply to you was "too mean." That was not my intention, but was just a legitimate question as I thought everyone here was against the project. I'm not sure if it was you who posted in that thread and said that, but to keep peace, I have deleted my reply and will apologize for my comment. I will even refrain from posting a link to that thread to avoid anymore messes.

Again, I apologize if my comments came off too strong. That certainly wasn't my intention. If you guys like this movie and enjoy it, then that's fine.

Honesty, my main gripe with this film is that from what I see in the trailers, there seems to be quite a bit of toilet humor and it looks like they poke fun at religion in the film. Now, whether I'm against toilet humor and religious humor is beside the point. The point is, the stooges did not have to resort to that type of comedy in order to be funny and provide entertainment. And that's what I really like about the stooges.

So, that's my main reasons for not liking this film and refusing to go out and see it. But please understand that I don't have anything against anyone who enjoys the film.

Offline Curly4444

I got a copy form my library. Im not shelling out a dime for this movie. I did at least want to see how bad it is.

Honesty, my main gripe with this film is that from what I see in the trailers, there seems to be quite a bit of toilet humor and it looks like they poke fun at religion in the film.
I might like it then, as i love these kinds of humor.  :P

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I was reading the threads on this movie at Blu-ray.com and couldn't help but see someone mention that my reply to you was "too mean." That was not my intention, but was just a legitimate question as I thought everyone here was against the project. I'm not sure if it was you who posted in that thread and said that, but to keep peace, I have deleted my reply and will apologize for my comment. I will even refrain from posting a link to that thread to avoid anymore messes.

Again, I apologize if my comments came off too strong. That certainly wasn't my intention. If you guys like this movie and enjoy it, then that's fine.

Honesty, my main gripe with this film is that from what I see in the trailers, there seems to be quite a bit of toilet humor and it looks like they poke fun at religion in the film. Now, whether I'm against toilet humor and religious humor is beside the point. The point is, the stooges did not have to resort to that type of comedy in order to be funny and provide entertainment. And that's what I really like about the stooges.

So, that's my main reasons for not liking this film and refusing to go out and see it. But please understand that I don't have anything against anyone who enjoys the film.

You're going overboard X, and you really need to relax. I have been well aware that there are people here who for some reason like the movie and was never under any assumption that every member stood in unison against it. They are more than free to like whatever they want, just as I am more than free to question their taste.

You're such a Puritan! "Toilet humor" and "religious humor" are bad things that unfunny comedians rely upon? George Carlin, arguably the greatest stand up comedian of all time cursed, made jokes about bodily fluids and poked fun at religion all the time. The Stooges were from a much different time, who's to say that if they weren't 40 years younger and they hit it big; they would have probably talked in an adult manner to adult audiences.

xraffle

You're such a Puritan! "Toilet humor" and "religious humor" are bad things that unfunny comedians rely upon?

I never said that. I said that it is not the type of humor found in any of the stooges shorts. When I watch a Three Stooges movie, I want it to replicate the type of humor that the real stooges had.

I watch many movies/TV shows that have toilet and religious humor. But I watch those movies and TV shows for that reason. I watch classic shows and films like the stooges, the Marx Brothers, etc. because it's also nice to see a different side of comedy. I find a bit disrespectful to our boys because the Farrelly brothers are using a type of comedy that's not associated with the stooges. I know other people here have expressed this concern during The Master Debates and I agree wholeheartedly. Yes, the stooges were from a different time and if they were from this time and did indeed have toilet & religious humor in their shorts, then in that case, I can understand the Farrelly brothers adding that into the movie. But the thing is, the stooges are classic comedy and classic comedy is good in its own way. Seeing a nun in a bikini would be hilarious if I were watching a movie like "Dumb and Dumber." But when seeing it in a Three Stooges movie, it just looks off.

Perhaps I should really see it first before making any judgments. Even though most people agree that it's bad, I really think it's only fair that I see it before criticizing the film. But my comment about not paying to see it still stands.