Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Silent Comedy Features Tournament - Anybody Interested?

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
I'm thinking about another tournament, so I'm just throwing out ideas.  A Laurel and Hardy talking shorts tournament drew about 8 - 10 votes a round, which is just passable for me to have a tourney.  Much lower than that would not be worth it, so I'm curious to see if anybody would be interested in silent comedy features.  It would involve Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, and Harry Langdon films.  Who 1.) knows this body of work well enough to participate in a tournament, and 2.) would also be interested in voting?  Just testing the waters here, so please respond either way.  Thanks.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline CurlyFan1934

• Beetlebrain
 I know it's a little late to be adding my two cents to the subject, but I think that this would be a very interesting idea. I have not seen too much of Chaplin, Keaton, Lloyd or Langdon but I would be willing to watch them.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
I know it's a little late to be adding my two cents to the subject, but I think that this would be a very interesting idea. I have not seen too much of Chaplin, Keaton, Lloyd or Langdon but I would be willing to watch them.

Would love to do, but I just think the interest is lacking.  Looking forward to the next response four years from now.  [pie]  However, definitely check out the features and shorts of those four, they're a great body of work.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Just so that the next reply is only 1 hour and 41 minutes later instead :P
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline CurlyFan1934

• Beetlebrain
Would love to do, but I just think the interest is lacking.  Looking forward to the next response four years from now.  [pie]  However, definitely check out the features and shorts of those four, they're a great body of work.
Alright. I have seen a little bit here and there of Chaplin and Keaton. From what I've seen, they are fantastic comedians. But, I haven't seen any of Lloyd or Langdon. Of course, Lloyd is famous for the clock sequence in Safety Last! and Langdon is the infamous famous comedian, as I like to put it.

Offline Umbrella Sam

• Toastmaster General
  • Knothead
    • Talk About Cinema
Just to let you know, metaldams, if you ever considered doing this in the future, I'd love to take part. I've seen all of Chaplin's features and most of Keaton's and Lloyd's. I haven't seen any of Harry Langdon's features, but I'd be willing to check them out.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com