Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Academy Awards

Offline Curly4444

Anybody watch? Wish i hadn't. That french shit won it all.  :-\

Offline falsealarms

I don't much stock in those kind of things.

Offline Curly4444

Yeah, my friends hates all these award shows. I was just bored, so i watched.

Offline falsealarms

I will say it's kind of amazing that a silent movie (THE ARTIST) won best picture in the year 2012. Think about it - silent film pretty much died with the 1920s. No silent film had won best picture since the first Oscars ceremony in 1929 (WINGS). It's kind of fascinating.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Hey.  Don't you DARE call Jean Dujardin a "French shit."  He is hot and gorgeous and I love him and I cannot wait to see The Artist.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

[laughing7]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Curly4444

Hey.  Don't you DARE call Jean Dujardin a "French shit."  He is hot and gorgeous and I love him and I cannot wait to see The Artist.

I'll take your word on it that hes hot.  ;D  I just wanted War Horse or Hugo to win.

I will say it's kind of amazing that a silent movie (THE ARTIST) won best picture in the year 2012. Think about it - silent film pretty much died with the 1920s. No silent film had won best picture since the first Oscars ceremony in 1929 (WINGS). It's kind of fascinating.

I guess it is kind of amazing, but i still probably wont see it.

Offline falsealarms

Me neither, though if it had sound, I probably would have already seen it. The story seems interesting, but silents are endurance tests I do not win.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I really thought Rise of the Planet of the Apes should have at least been nominated, but too many people saw it and the Academy tends to be allergic to movies people have actually seen. Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of movies that do well at the box office are terrible but when a movie deserving of at least a nomination does well it shouldn't be disqualified.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

I dont think the academy actually votes for movies you want to see. Its all about politics, and well technically put together movies. I guess to them actual entertainment is not really a important thing.

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
I dont think the academy actually votes for movies you want to see. Its all about politics, and well technically put together movies. I guess to them actual entertainment is not really a important thing.
I was entertained by The Artist...:/
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Curly4444

I was entertained by The Artist...:/

Sober?  ;D

I guesses if Eva Mendes or Kirsten Dunst was in it, id be entertained too. >:D

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
Sober?  ;D
I don't do drugs or drink, not that it matters.  I liked it, and that's what matters.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline metaldams

I saw THE ARTIST yesterday and it is excellent.  Being a fan of silents and early talkies, I also enjoyed the story which involves a silent actor (a composite of Douglas Fairbanks, John Gilbert, and Rudolf Valentino) down on his luck once the talkies begin, only to be usurped by a former extra actress who makes it big in the talkies, and their paths cross.  Highly recommended.
- Doug Sarnecky