Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Tim Thomas Snubs White House

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas on snubbing the White House Stanley Cup photo-op:

Quote from: Tim Thomas on Facebook
I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

I personally want to thank Tim not only for his excellent play on the ice but for his courage to stand up for his beliefs and say what many people (myself included) have been thinking for years. He's been catching a lot of shit from a lot of sheep over this, I just wanted to give respect where it is due.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline ILMM

Why, this must mean Tim Thomas is RAAASIST!!! >:D ;D :police:
But seriously, good for him. To bad more people don't do that.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline metaldams

Count me among those who consider this a feel good story.  Good for him.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

I can't stand Tim Thomas as a hockey player, being that he's a Flyer-killer.  But if he runs for President this year, he has my vote.