The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

ThreeStooges.net and Moronika.com Go Dark on Wed., 1/18/2012 - SOPA Strike

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
On January 18, ThreeStooges.net and Moronika.com will join Wikipedia, Reddit, Twitter, BoingBoing, MoveOn.org, The Free Software Foundation, The Daily Paul, and tens of thousands of other websites around the Internet in going dark to oppose SOPA and PIPA, the looming US legislation that would create an impossible Internet censorship regime and export it to the rest of the world.

In a post-SOPA world, out-links from our sites to any other website would be prohibited unless I was completely, 100% positive that there was no copyright infringing content on those websites. This means ThreeStooges.net will probably have to shut down, and there would be no more linking to YouTube, Twitter, TVPC, Wordpress, Blogger, or any other user-content generated website -- including your personal blog -- on Moronika.com, lest I personally face the pain of it being shut down as well, not to mention my personal finances frozen, my internet domains confiscated, having my IP address blacklisted, and eventually -- who knows -- possibly being put into a cage "for the protection of the rest of society."

In other words, if SOPA passes, say goodbye to our little community here at ThreeStooges.net and Moronika.com. Our websites would go dark for good.

Such a bleak future is corporatism at its worst, and is what Ron Paul has warned us against: Big Business getting into bed with Big Government to force submission to their goal of controlling every last aspect of our lives, including what we are able to read and speak here on this last bastion of freedom - the Internet.  All of the other candidates for President - Republican and Democrat alike - support these blatant attempts to censor the Internet.

The beauty of the internet is our ability to share with one another in an unmediated way. The forum on Moronika.com brings people togethter from all over the world together to share, to trade ideas, to coordinate, to collaborate. The beauty of the internet is freedom. Is it any wonder that The Powers That Be want to put an end to it?

The time to make the stand is now. Please help spread the word about the SOPA Strike. Encourage other websites you frequent to participate in the strike. And by all means, call and write your representatives to let them know where you stand on the issue of Internet censorship.

This must not stand. The future is in your hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:  Credit where credit is due: since I couldn't have worded it much better, the above announcement was adapted from the one on The Daily Paul.