Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Norman Maurer's WHO'S MINDING THE MINT? (1966)

Linked Events

• WHO'S MINDING THE MINT? (1966) on DVD: February 07, 2012 - February 13, 2012

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
WHO'S MINDING THE MINT? (1966) will be released to DVD by Sony on February 7, an addition to the studio's MOD "Columbia Classics" catalog.  Not sold in stores, it will be available thru various online etailers (Warner Archive, Amazon, etc.) and some mail catalogs.

Norman Maurer produced this heist-comedy; Emil Sitka and Don Lamond appear in minor roles.

Directed by Howard Morris, it stars Jim Hutton, Dorothy Provine, Walter Brennan, Jack Gilford, Milton Berle, Joey Bishop, Victor Buono, Bob Denver, Jackie Joseph and Jamie Farr.

Offline falsealarms

This one has been on my to see list for awhile. It sounds like a fun movie - has anyone here seen it?

Here's a fascinating behind the scenes video about this movie:

Offline Rich Finegan

Norman Maurer produced this heist-comedy; Emil Sitka and Don Lamond appear in minor roles.

Another Stooges connection:
Jeffrey Maurer (Moe's grandson) appears in the movie.

Offline Signor Spumoni

Hello, Falsealarms  - - I saw this movie, but I saw it in the 1970s, and my recollection of it is hazy.  I remember being entertained by it.  Jim Hutton was very good.  The director (Howard Morris from "Your Show of Shows") and cast are great.  I recall laughing aloud at a quick visual joke featuring Victor Buono.  If it came on TV, I would watch it again.  A review is available from the IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062490/
If you scroll down to where you can click a link to a discussion of the movie, it will take you to viewer comments plus a link to the trailer.

Offline middlenamewayne

This sounds like a fun movie - has anyone here seen it?

It's a LOAD of fun -- I think I've posted about it before on this forum.
Emil Sitka's cameo is so small he's not even listed in the credits.

I guess my VHS copy is worthless now!

- mnw