Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges: Hollywood Filming Locations

Linked Events

• New Book: 3 Stooges Hollywood Filming Locations: December 01, 2012 - December 07, 2012

Offline Killer Killduff

Anybody else seen the Three Stooges filming locations book just put up on Amazon.  It is available for preorder and comes out in June.  Its hardback and has a forward by Leonard Maltin. Its preorder price right now is under $30.  Looks like a must-buy!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:30:03 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline BeAStooge

Anybody else seen the Three Stooges filming locations book just put up on Amazon.  It is available for preorder and comes out in June.  Its hardback and has a forward by Leonard Maltin. Its preorder price right now is under $30.  Looks like a must-buy!

Although up for pre-order, Jim is still writing it.

Offline falsealarms

Wow, a 304 page book on the filming locations. An easy buy for me. I'd encourage everyone else here to get it too. The filming location stuff in the Journal is always a big highlight, so this is a no brainer.

Offline falsealarms

Oh, here's the link: http://astore.amazon.com/thethreestoogeso/detail/1595800700

Book Description
Publication Date: June 1, 2012

Exploring the filming locations of one of the most popular comedy teams in American history, this book documents the settings of shorts and full-length films made in and around Hollywood between 1930 and 1965. All three major studios where the Stooges worked—MGM, Columbia Pictures, and 20th Century Fox—are covered in detail through a wealth of archival photographs, many of which are rare and previously unpublished. Also included are candid shots, vintage publicity stills, screen captures from DVDs, contemporary photographs, aerial views, and maps. All members of the Three Stooges—Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, Joe, and Curly-Joe—are discussed, as well as Ted Healy, the vaudeville comic who launched the Stooges onstage and appeared in their early films. Additionally, many supporting actors, directors, family, and close friends of the acting troupe have been quoted from interviews conducted exclusively for the book, making this collection a treasure trove of memorabilia for the Stooges fan and an important document of Hollywood’s cinema history.

Hello fellow Three Stooges Fans! 
Thanks for all the nice comments about my "Three Stooges Hollywood Filming Locations" articles for the Journal. 
It's been over ten years since I started my location research with the "Stooges Steps", and following the advice of friends that I should write a book; it's time.  I'm very busy putting the finishing touches on this labor of love. 

Thanks again!
Jim.

[pie]

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:44:54 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline FineBari3

I can't wait to buy your book, Jim!!! 

[pie]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline falsealarms

Amazon now has a release date of 10/1/12, about four months later.

Offline QuinceHead

Amazon now has a release date of 10/1/12, about four months later.

I got that notification today as well...   :-\

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline QuinceHead

And now I see that the release date has been pushed back to December 2012...  [pie]

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline QuinceHead

Apparently Jim Paley did a presentation of this book "at the Alex" according to this Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123327004351540/

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline BeAStooge

Turner Classic Movies features Jim's "Hollywood Filming Locations" in its March TCM Book Corner (see link).

Offline Rich Finegan

The book is also being promoted in a nice segment in TCM's May "Movie News" shown often between movies.
So cool to see the great work of our good friend Jim being promoted this way!