Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Little Rascals dvd help

Offline pipboytaylor

So far I have passed on The Little Rascals Complete Collection and I now see that individual volumes are being released. I have read the Amazon customer reviews and some stated this material is edited. Specific mention of "Washee Ironee". The complete set has been stated to have improper title cards. My question for those of you in the know is to what degree are these sets edited? Are the individual volumes the exact same prints as are on the complete collection? Purchasing advice would be appreciated.

Offline Mark The Shark

The individual volumes were remastered and corrected to include original titles on all 80 shorts.

"Washee Ironee" has a brief edit but is complete on the third Little Rascals volume from Hallmark (the one with the orange cover with an M-G-M era group photo with Robert Blake in it).

"Bear Shooters" also has a brief edit -- the version on Image Entertainment's Laurel And Hardy And Friends has the scene in question (although the M-G-M lion intro is tacked on from another film).

The following shorts have Blackhawk titles in the box set (but original titles on the individual DVD volumes):

Boxing Gloves
Moan And Groan, Inc.
Shivering Shakespeare
A Tough Winter
The Kid From Borneo
Anniversary Trouble
Little Papa
Little Sinner
The Pinch Singer
Three Smart Boys
Roamin' Holiday
Bear Facts
Came The Brawn (Blackhawk name blacked out of titles)
Feed 'Em And Weep
The Awful Tooth
Hide And Shriek

...hope that helps...

Offline pipboytaylor

Yep, that helps a lot. Sounds like you have it nailed down on what to buy to get the correct shorts. Thanks.