Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Moronika Suggestion

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I am enjoying the new site ~ many congrats on its sleek look.

The Moronika page has a feature missing that you used to have on the main site. On the home page of TS.net near the bottom was a message summary of the last twenty posts made in the forums. I would constantly use this feature when visiting and found it a great help. Perhaps you plan to add this feature back in when you can find the time.

Thanks for listening to my wailings ~ I really DO enjoy the new site.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

xraffle

I was about to suggest the same thing. If it can be done on this Moronika forum, it would be great!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I did intend to have the forum summary on the .net home page, but separating the forum from the filmography made me drop that, since they are now on separate domains.  (I can't just reference the forum's built-in features like I used to do.)  I will look into creating a custom function that will let me do much the same thing, although it may be a couple of weeks until I get to work on it.

xraffle

Simple Machines forum should have the option of listing the Recent Posts on the bottom of the main forum page. Here's a sample...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php

This forum has the last 5 posts listed on the bottom.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Simple Machines forum should have the option of listing the Recent Posts on the bottom of the main forum page. Here's a sample...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php

This forum has the last 5 posts listed on the bottom.

I turned that feature off as one of many tweaks I tried when the forum started bringing down the .net site.  Things have seemed pretty stable lately, as far as I can tell, so I'll try turning the feature back on.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Okay, I've enabled the Recent Posts feature at the bottom of the forum home page, with it showing the last 10 posts.

Offline Curly4444

Seems like it ain't hurting anything, forum still seems fast.

Offline ThunderStooge

Pretty slick, I must say.  It's a nice feature to have on forums.  I don't usually pay that much attention to it, but I think I might from now on.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"