ThreeStooges.net Re-Launched

Dunrobin · 35 · 11762

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
With the exception of the video files in the gallery, which are still uploading to the server, the web site has been re-launched.  Due to problems I ran into this weekend meshing the new log-in system with the old member data, I had to launch it without the log-in/registration enabled.  Until I get that debugged (hopefully this weekend) things like "My Stooges" and the ability to review or rate episodes, etc., and of course the Team Stooge admin functions, are all unavailable.  Oh, and the Discography page is missing at the moment, as I realized last night that I still need to format that; with any luck that will be up tomorrow.

I didn't want to leave the site down while I worked out the final bugs, and at least this way the data on the site is available to everyone.  Let me know in this thread if you come across any errors.

Offline falsealarms

Videography -

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: include(/home/threesto/.beta/videography.intro.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Filename: videography/list.php

Line Number: 32

Message: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/threesto/.beta/videography.intro.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

http://threestooges.net/videography

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Let me know in this thread if you come across any errors.

Home page, upper left corner... thumbnail image obscures the menu buttons.  Sometimes partial, sometimes completely.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Videography -

Message: include(/home/threesto/.beta/videography.intro.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Message: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/threesto/.beta/videography.intro.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

http://threestooges.net/videography

Oops!  Okay, that one is fixed.

Offline falsealarms

I still get that error, but now only on http://threestooges.net/videography/index/dvd ... the pages with the other formats, ie VHS etc, dont have the error boxes.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Home page, upper left corner... thumbnail image obscures the menu buttons.  Sometimes partial, sometimes completely.

I'm not seeing that myself, Brent.  Can you tell me which browser you are using (including version number), and what your screen resolution is set at?  I need to try to duplicate your conditions so I can try to fix it.

I still get that error, but now only on http://threestooges.net/videography/index/dvd ... the pages with the other formats, ie VHS etc, dont have the error boxes.

Try reloading the page.  You shouldn't be getting that error message now, so you might be seeing a chached version of the page.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Can you tell me which browser you are using (including version number), and what your screen resolution is set at?  I need to try to duplicate your conditions so I can try to fix it.

IE8
1280x1024

Offline falsealarms

If you're having problems on IE8, which is an outdated browser at this point, you could try Firefox or Google Chrome, both free. No problems for me on Firefox 5.

xraffle

This looks great, Rob! So far, I have not encountered any errors on my end.

Good job!!  [thumbsup]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I need to try to duplicate your conditions so I can try to fix it.

Problem resolved.

Ref: Videography -  Video results do not display; page header title includes "%20" in spaces.  This is all that displays...

Three Stooges Videography :: Sony%20Pictures%20Home%20Entertainment : COLUMBIA

Publisher :: Series:    20th Century Fox :: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (9 entries)

Show:    Show All Types

[Back to Videography List]

-  The Videography is sorted alphabetically, by distributor/studio.
 -  If an item is available for sale from Amazon.com, a "Buy Now!" button will appear for the format(s) available.
 -  Online seller services (eBay, Amazon Marketsellers, ioffer, etc.) are sources for out-of-print products. CED, Beta, Laser, VHS and older DVD volumes regularly appear for sale on outlets of this type.
 -  Videography does not include many bargain-label distributors who deal in public domain material. Those that are listed are more highly regarded, have the best available versions of PD material, or include programs of special Stooge-interest.
 -  The list defaults to display 20 volumes per age. You can set the limit to show from 10 to 100 per page, through the pulldown option menu at the end of the page listings, below the page navigation.
 -  You can click on a thumbnail image to see the full sized picture in a pop-up window, or a slide show if there were multiple releases with different covers.

[ Recent Updates ]

[Back to Videography List]

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
    • I Surf for the Freedom!!
Just noticed it was missing, might not be important, but normally there is a tiny little icon up in the adress bar for, at the time, both the forums and the site itself, however, only the site itself has the eyepoker icon in the adressbar, Moronika does not, in chrome it appears a small earth globe. Might not be important, just something I noticed
Shemp: Moe! Larry! Wait for me!! *hits himself with shovel*
~ Who Done It?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Ref: Videography -  Video results do not display; page header title includes "%20" in spaces.  This is all that displays...

Take another look at the Videography page now, Brent.  I saw what you were getting at, and decided to re-think the display on that page.  The whole "Series/Publisher", "Series/Volume" thing was making the whole section too clunky, so I decided to try a simple list, which can be filtered to display only the volumes for a particular media, like DVDs. 

I thought the list was a little too plain, so I added the thumbnails on the left.  They take a few to load the first time; let me know if they seem too much.

Offline falsealarms

Compared to last night, the videography is 100% better for me. No loading issues at all. The filters on the videography make things a lot easier if you're looking for certain formats, though I noticed that Blu Ray only is only shown as a filter once you get to the videography and not when you hover over it on the menu (as other formats are).

"This page generated in 0.0174 seconds," it says at the bottom of the videography page.

The site overall is improved compared to where it was a couple weeks ago. I don't think there should be doubt about that. Seems a little more modern to me, cleaner, the color schemes better. And maybe its my imagination, but the site seems to "fit" better on my monitor (1600x900).

If I may make two minor suggestions, I would say to put the issues index of the 3S Journal so it becomes an option when you hover over 3S Journal in the menu (like alphabetical and authors list does). And perhaps put a hyperlink back to threestooges.net somewhere at the top of the forum homepage.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Compared to last night, the videography is 100% better for me. No loading issues at all. The filters on the videography make things a lot easier if you're looking for certain formats, though I noticed that Blu Ray only is only shown as a filter once you get to the videography and not when you hover over it on the menu (as other formats are).

To be honest, I don't know what I was thinking with the original design.  Sometimes I seem to make things too complex, but I'm trying to break the habit.   ;)

The Blu-ray only option wasn't available because we didn't have a videography entry for it (since Brent can't get to the backend yet.)  I went ahead and added the designation in the database, so now the entry for "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" is listed with Blu-ray as well as the DVD.

"This page generated in 0.0174 seconds," it says at the bottom of the videography page.

The site overall is improved compared to where it was a couple weeks ago. I don't think there should be doubt about that. Seems a little more modern to me, cleaner, the color schemes better. And maybe its my imagination, but the site seems to "fit" better on my monitor (1600x900).

Excellent - that's exactly what I've been trying to achieve with the re-write.  I didn't want to make things too different, but I wanted the site to have a more uniform code base (the original files were quite a hodge-podge of programming styles, as I tried new tricks I learned.)  The site is now written using a standardized code framework (CodeIgniter), which means that any programmer who is familiar with it could pick up where I leave off.

If I may make two minor suggestions, I would say to put the issues index of the 3S Journal so it becomes an option when you hover over 3S Journal in the menu (like alphabetical and authors list does). And perhaps put a hyperlink back to threestooges.net somewhere at the top of the forum homepage.

Done and done.

I'll be modifying the header on the forum to make it basically match up with the ThreeStooges.net header, but I probably won't get to that for a week or two.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I decided to try a simple list, which can be filtered to display only the volumes for a particular media, like DVDs. 

I thought the list was a little too plain, so I added the thumbnails on the left.  They take a few to load the first time; let me know if they seem too much.

-  Load time problem, everytime.  Can it be paginated, 20/per, as before?
 -  Sort order s/b "Distributor" first, then "Alphabetical" within Distributor.
 -  Slideshow function for multi-image does not work...

404 Page Not Found
The page you requested was not found.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
-  Load time problem, everytime.  Can it be paginated, 20/per, as before?
 -  Sort order s/b "Distributor" first, then "Alphabetical" within Distributor.

Done and done.

-  Slideshow function for multi-image does not work...

Oops.  This one will have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow, as I don't have the missing file with me.

Offline falsealarms

Am I missing the option to change the number displayed per page?

"The list defaults to display 20 volumes per age. You can set the limit to show from 10 to 100 per page, through the pulldown option menu at the end of the page listings, below the page navigation."

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Am I missing the option to change the number displayed per page?

"The list defaults to display 20 volumes per age. You can set the limit to show from 10 to 100 per page, through the pulldown option menu at the end of the page listings, below the page navigation."

You were missing it because I forgot to put it in there.  ;)  Fixed.

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
Well, I was about to note that the "confirm you are a user, type the letters to continue" was driving me a bit nuts, I notice now that it is gone. The captacha has been.... removed yes ?

By the way, Rob, the site looks absolutely wonderful, I can now get my daily does of the (once known as the Ugliest Man) Wonderful Shemp :)
~ Who Done It?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Well, I was about to note that the "confirm you are a user, type the letters to continue" was driving me a bit nuts, I notice now that it is gone. The captacha has been.... removed yes ?

Yes and no.  The updated forum software automatically enabled the CAPTCHA feature for new users, and since we get hit with a lot of spammers and bots signing up (there are 91 new member registrations for me to check this morning - just since yesterday afternoon) so I left it turned on.  You've just progressed up the ranks with enough posts that the forum has decided that you really are a human being.   ;D

By the way, Rob, the site looks absolutely wonderful, I can now get my daily does of the (once known as the Ugliest Man) Wonderful Shemp :)

Thank you very much (and the same to everyone else who has commented on the new looks of the site.)  It's always nice to know that one's efforts are appreciated.   :D

Offline falsealarms

You probably could delete the re-direct link to the Stooge World message board. Link is DOA, much like that site.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
You probably could delete the re-direct link to the Stooge World message board. Link is DOA, much like that site.

Thanks.  I haven't been there in quite a while myself, so I didn't realize his forum was gone.  I tried the link on the Stoogeworld.com site as well, but got the same error message, so I guess Kevin finally gave up on it.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I haven't been there in quite a while myself, so I didn't realize his forum was gone.

It isn't. EZBoard was reimaged as a new hosting service (Yuku) several years ago. Apparently, the automatic rerouting has expired. I assume because of Stoogeworld's inactivity, Kevin never bothered to update his forum links.

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
Yes and no.  The updated forum software automatically enabled the CAPTCHA feature for new users, and since we get hit with a lot of spammers and bots signing up (there are 91 new member registrations for me to check this morning - just since yesterday afternoon) so I left it turned on.  You've just progressed up the ranks with enough posts that the forum has decided that you really are a human being.   ;D

Thank you very much (and the same to everyone else who has commented on the new looks of the site.)  It's always nice to know that one's efforts are appreciated.   :D
I progressed ? Amazing. But am happy the site is up and running smoothly, Shemp is the sweetest Stooge! Rob; you do a great job running this site, I'd donate if I could, but can't, I don't use a credit card  :-[

Either way I am glad the site is running smoothly.
~ Who Done It?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Filmography, ref: THE NEW 3 STOOGES, "Cartoon" section...

- Formatting errors on #s 5 and 6
 - Hyperlink errors on many toon synopses, involving the wraparound notation.