The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Forum problems

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I was contacted by the hosting company's tech support this afternoon.  They had to shut down the forum because it was causing huge loads on the server, which is not good - especially since we are on a shared server (there are lots of other web sites located on the same machine.)  I made quite a few technical tweaks to the forum this afternoon and evening, and tech support says that it looks as though the fixes worked, so we're back up and running again.  Hopefully the problem has been solved.

Offline ILMM

Everything seems to work ok on this end now.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Well, as a lot of you may already know, the fixes I made the other day did not do the trick after all, and the forum started causing problems again on Wednesday, which led to my having to close the entire ThreeStooges.net.  In a stroke of genius, I decided to move the forum to a different domain, purge it and then upgrade it to the newest version of the forum software.

That seems to have done the trick, although I won't be positive until we get some real traffic on the board again.  At least having the forum on its own domain will mean that it won't bring down ThreeStooges.net in the future if problems on the forum crop up again.

Offline Curly4444

Glad to see this place is back. Was so worried it was gone forever.

It seems to be working ok, just a little slow at times.

I hear Three Stooges.net is getting a overhaul, will this place too. Like a custom forum template?

xraffle

Rob,

I'm just curious. Why all of a sudden is the forum causing problems on the server? Did we suddenly get a lot of traffic recently?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Rob,

I'm just curious. Why all of a sudden is the forum causing problems on the server? Did we suddenly get a lot of traffic recently?

I wish I knew.  I've tried ever tweak I know of, yet even on its own domain and upgraded to the latest software it seems to run slow.

I've cleaned thousands of accounts that hadn't been active in years.  Maybe I should flush all the old threads that haven't been posted to in a long time.

Offline metaldams

Maybe I should flush all the old threads that haven't been posted to in a long time.

I guess this was a bad time for me to buy the GOLD RAIDERS/MEET THE BARON double feature.  :D

- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

I wish I knew.  I've tried ever tweak I know of, yet even on its own domain and upgraded to the latest software it seems to run slow.

I've cleaned thousands of accounts that hadn't been active in years.  Maybe I should flush all the old threads that haven't been posted to in a long time.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was caused by Boid Brain and the tons of pictures he uploaded.

Offline metaldams

I wouldn't be surprised if this was caused by Boid Brain and the tons of pictures he uploaded.

Truth be told, I'd think all the youtube links, which all of us except Boid posted, would have a greater chance of causing forum issues than any pics.  Those take up more memory and space, I'd imagine. 

Then again, I'm far from an expert on this stuff.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Let's hope this doesn't take long.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline falsealarms

Offline Curly4444

Truth be told, I'd think all the youtube links, which all of us except Boid posted, would have a greater chance of causing forum issues than any pics.  Those take up more memory and space, I'd imagine. 

Then again, I'm far from an expert on this stuff.

Couldn't you delete some of those YouTube links?

Offline metaldams

Couldn't you delete some of those YouTube links?

I'm just guessing that's the problem, I'm not 100% certain it is.  If Rob, the computer expert, determines you tube links are the issue, then we delete.

Until then, every Stooge fan has the right to make a pilgrimage to this very board to witness all the hair metal and extreme metal I posted.  Give the people what they want, I say.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
    • I Surf for the Freedom!!
Rob,

I think the forums so far look great, you mentioned current users before the split to different domains for both the forums and the website itself would not have to register their accounts, will the site still have its look and searchiblty to find the Years ?

you know, like the

Moe, Larry &  Curly Years, (MLC) or the MLS, or the TMLC/S or the like  on the main page?

I also like the funny quotes that showed on the upper left of the screen, those were funny.

That said I am glad the forums are here still! For a moment I was worried until I noticed the link to here and the fact that my username still worked. was thinking I'd have to register again.

Overall Rob I think it looks great!
Shemp: Moe! Larry! Wait for me!! *hits himself with shovel*
~ Who Done It?

Offline falsealarms

Offline falsealarms

Offline Curly4444

Offline falsealarms

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I'm having trouble meshing the new log-in/verification system in with the old, which is holding me up. Plus I just discovered a page I forgot to format (not a big deal by itself, but frustrating after fiddling with the ******* log-in all day.)

I'm calling it quits for tonight. I will re-launch the site tomorrow without the log-in capability, so at least all the stuff will be there to look at. You won't be able to post reviews or ratings, and "My Stooges" will be unavailable. All that (and the Team Stooge functions) will be available as soon as I can get the log-in system functioning correctly, which may be next weekend, depending on how heavy my workload is this week.