Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

TIME OUT FOR RHYTHM: Home video M.I.A.

Offline Shempington

As of 2011, TIME OUT FOR RHYTHM (http://threestooges.net/episode.php?id=223) seems to be an oddity. It is chock full of the Stooges in no less than six separate scenes. As far as I can tell, the movie has not been aired on TCM and has never appeared on home video in either VHS or DVD. I was lucky enough to get a VHS copy direct from a 16mm print, but otherwise, it is a curio.

Am I correct in this assessment?
Paul

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Shempington

Really? And that was it, huh? Just that one airing...
Paul

Offline ProfessorStooge

I was lucky to catch that movie on TV last spring and even taped it. Hope Sony releases it on DVD. The Stooges provide great comic relief.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I was lucky to catch that movie on TV last spring and even taped it. Hope Sony releases it on DVD. The Stooges provide great comic relief.

I did the same thing.  It was great seeing them do the Maharajah bit.  C'mon, Sony - release this one to DVD!   ;D

Offline curlysdame

I've got a bootleg copy DVD, but it's pretty grainy.  I'd love to see this film cleaned up.  Easily The Stooges' best feature film appearance with Curly.  They really shine throughout;the rhumba scene (and of course, The Maharajah routine) is just great.  There's something about Curly doing a shoulder-spin in a dress - 'cracks me up every time.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Bum

Yeah, for those who are convinced about how great Curly's performance of the Maja routine was in "Three Little Pirates", you probably won't feel so strongly after watching him do the same routine five years earlier and in good health....

Offline Myren

The framing is a bit weird but here is a clip of the routine:

Offline MR77100

I too, have a bootleg copy of the DVD, and the quality is horrible!