Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2011 MLB Baseball Thread

shemps#1 · 884 · 184516

Offline metaldams

Game's on ESPN and I have to work and follow a box score.  Bah!  I'm pumped anyway.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Jon Lester should never pitch a game before May 1.  Mike Napoli should go to the NL.  Oy vey, no matter how many off season moves we make, some things never change.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Pitching is not good today for either starter, however it is just Opening Day. These Opening Day games are way too overhyped.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Pitching is not good today for either starter, however it is just Opening Day. These Opening Day games are way too overhyped.

Yeah, it's a VERY ugly game, but it's only one game.  The funny thing is, my heart sank when I saw Napoli up in the situation, because he does it to Boston every time.  If he's hit 110 home runs in his career, I gurantee, 70 of them are against Boston.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Big Papi actually doing something before June: a sign of things to come?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Big Papi actually doing something before June: a sign of things to come?

.....and in the late innings, nonetheless.  I just got nostalgic.  If Papelbon loses this one, the press will have a field day.  Let's hope that doesn't happen. 

Nice jobs by Albers and Wheeler, by the way.  Gonzo having a good debut too.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

....and Bard walked Napoli.  A moral victory!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Pujols had the worst day at the plate of his CAREER today. 0 for 5 and ground into 3 double plays. Berkman tore the cover off the ball 3 times.

Its gets worse, now Holliday is out for about a month.

Offline metaldams

David Murphy, eh?  Well, at least those few months of Gagne were worth it.  [pie]

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Jim, I gotta ask, are you watching the game?  I know Lester pitched bad, but did his stuff look weaker or was he just missing his spots?  The zero strike outs is a concern.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Ellsbury knows better than to swing at a pitch up high.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline metaldams

Ellsbury knows better than to swing at a pitch up high.

Ellsbury was the least of our problems today.  He'll have a good year if healthy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Lester's stuff was fine as far as velocity, he just didn't have good location. Basically it was the sloppy kind of game you expect from Opening Day. He left many of his pitches up, which accounts for the three home runs they hit off of him.

Offline Boid Brain

Its gets worse, now Holliday is out for about a month.
Yep...1st Wainwright out for the season for Tommy John, now our best clutch hitter. Again, our new middle infield sucked and cost us the game along with our incredibly inept base running.

Offline falsealarms

I'm not a fan of this show, but as Mets fan, this sums up my feelings:

[youtube=425,350]okXhAC78d4Q[/youtube]

As an aside, I got mlb.tv this year and the quality is generally amazing. An occasional hiccup, but it's a great investment if you like baseball, have a sufficient computer, and don't feel like spending double on Extra Innings (the TV package). 99 bucks a season is like 4 bucks a week.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well my Red Sox on MLB 11 The Show are doing better than the real Sox are so far. In late April I am 15-5 and in first place, I did lose 2 of 3 to Texas though.

I got MLB.TV for a month free for preordering The Show and can watch it through my PS3.

Offline metaldams

Well my Red Sox on MLB 11 The Show are doing better than the real Sox are so far. In late April I am 15-5 and in first place, I did lose 2 of 3 to Texas though.

I got MLB.TV for a month free for preordering The Show and can watch it through my PS3.

It's only 3 games, but my concern going into the season was pitching and well, it's not like they put me at ease that series.  11 home runs in 3 games?  I hate to say it, but the Yankees bullpen looks phenomenal as well.  Here's hoping Beckett looks strong tonight.

I made a bet with my friend that Baltimore will be an above .500 team this year.  He's going to owe me a lunch.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I have to admit I'm going to scream very soon.  Lester throws a gem and we can't score for him, now as I'm typing, Bard has control issues.  I hope he can buckle down.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I have to admit I'm going to scream very soon.  Lester throws a gem and we can't score for him, now as I'm typing, Bard has control issues.  I hope he can buckle down.

Yeah, it's official, I'm pissed.  I hope Fenway can wake this team up this weekend.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
What an awful way to lose but what a great game. I love watching pitcher's duels.

Offline Boid Brain

The Sox and the Cards are off to a very poor start. (we're 2 and 4 playing weak teams)

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

What an awful way to lose but what a great game. I love watching pitcher's duels.

The game itslef was good, and I agree pitcher's duels are great.  Fausto Carmona is a good pitcher when he's on, and I also remember him beating Beckett 1 - 0 in Cleveland in '07.

I could live with the result if we didn't go into the game 0 - 5 and get dominated by weak ass pitchers the three previous games, only to have to play the Yankees this weekend.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

Well, I see the Red Sox winless streak is still intact. :o
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Boid Brain

I envy you.
Yeah...I just saw that the Sox lost today.....0 and 6. I don't feel better tho...we can't beat bums and now we gotta go to SF to face the best. :-[