Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

VOTE: BEST DVD OF 2010

Poll

Which of the following was the best release of 2010?

THREE STOOGES COLLECTION VOLUME 8
MODERN TIMES BLU RAY
MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS BLU RAY
W.C FIELDS' MISSISSIPPI
LOST KEATON: KEATON EDUCATIONALS
KEATON'S SHERLOCK JR / THREE AGES BLU RAY
CHAPLIN AT KEYSTONE
DR DEATH SEEKER OF SOULS, MOE SOLO
KEATON'S STEAMBOAT BILL JR BLU RAY

Offline falsealarms

2010 was a good year for classic comedy and its stars. But which release was the best?

Nominees are...

THREE STOOGES COLLECTION VOLUME 8, 1955-1959
CHARLIE CHAPLIN MODERN TIMES BLU-RAY
L&H'S MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS BLU-RAY
W.C FIELDS MISSISSIPPI
LOST KEATON: KEATON EDUCATIONAL SHORTS SET
KEATON'S SHERLOCK JR / THREE AGES BLU RAY
CHAPLIN AT KEYSTONE
DR. DEATH SEEKER OF SOULS, MOE SOLO
KEATON'S STEAMBOAT BILL JR BLU RAY

Dog Hambone

I almost didn't vote because I haven't seen all the choices, but then I realized I would have likely picked The Three Stooges Volume 8 anyway because at long last I now own all 190 of the Columbia shorts, uncut and unedited. Also, Volume 8 gave me a real appreciation for Joe Besser; not only did he have some tough shoes to fill, he also did it while managing to bring in his own style.

Offline HELLOLARRY

I voted for Chaplin at Keystone based on the historical significance.  These films, while not his best, finally have their proper and respectful presentation and were truly a surprise release for 2010 (the Stooges I expected which is why I didn't vote for them)

Offline falsealarms

I'd be inclined to go with the Keaton Educationals.... the anxiousness I had for that set surpassed even Volume 8 of the Stooge stuff. And I was definitely not let down. Those Educationals were largely inaccessible and completely new to me.

Offline metaldams

From a I'm so glad it's released point of view, Volume 8 of The Stooges and The Keaton Educationals.  I'm also glad the Chaplin Keystones have what appear to be a valid release instead of cheapo public domain.

As far as good movies, MODERN TIMES, SHERLOCK, JR./THREE AGES, and STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. win.  The former is just another re-release on DVD and the latter is a debut in a new format.
- Doug Sarnecky