Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Little Pirates "Maha" scene: transcript

Offline metaldams

I know THREE LITTLE PIRATES is one of Curly's "up" shorts according to Ed Bernds, but it's still amazing Curly was able to pull that skit off in his condition regardless.

That said, next time I watch it, I'll have to pay attention to how the scene is edited, which I've never done before.  I'd be curious to see if Curly took any real long takes or not.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Seamus

I know THREE LITTLE PIRATES is one of Curly's "up" shorts according to Ed Bernds, but it's still amazing Curly was able to pull that skit off in his condition regardless.

This is the reason I give THREE LITTLE PIRATES and the Maja skit more props than they probably deserve.  Last time I saw the short was as part of my chronological Stooge marathon a few months back, and Curly was so much better here than he'd been in the previous few shorts that PIRATES seemed like a little miracle.  I was on the edge of my seat during the Maja bit waiting for poor Curly to blow it, and almost cheered at the end when he nailed it.  The relief of seeing Curly pulling some of his own weight after the pain of watching him struggle through the preceding shorts biases me toward PIRATES, but even still I can't disagree with the people here calling it a clunker.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Just a quick statement.  I thought this was Curly's best short.  I thought th Maha skit was absolutely hilarious.  Actually this short and the Shemp short "Malice" is what turned me into a Stooges fan.

Hoekstra
Moron4392

Offline afcomser

I know none of you will agree but I liked the De-Rita Version, of the Maha Raja skit, I know It was done twice on TV, once with Shemp, I liked the Time Out For Rythem better than Pirates. Wasn't there a stooges book that had the original script of this? I know Niagra Falls was done. It would be interesting to see side by side each of the scripts together.
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!

xraffle

I know none of you will agree but I liked the De-Rita Version, of the Maha Raja skit,

Yeah, it wasn't bad.