Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Russian Cossack Dance Routine

Offline 12Medbe

This is one of the most entertaining routines in my book, Although it debuted in "Ants In The Pantry", has it been revealed on how the routine was started, The Eye Poke has been explained but has this routine been explained?

Also, The Stooges have done similar dances to the routine in a couple shorts, I was wondering if those counted towards the routine, There were a couple times where they danced unprovoked, Its happened in a couple Curly Shorts and a Few Shemp Shorts, and once in a Merry Mix Up with Joe.

On that note, I believe that the best Russian Dance Routine happened in "Pest Man Wins" and a very weak one happened in Space Ship Sappy.

Anyone else find this routine entertaining?

Offline FineBari3

This is one of the most entertaining routines in my book, Although it debuted in "Ants In The Pantry", has it been revealed on how the routine was started, The Eye Poke has been explained but has this routine been explained?

Also, The Stooges have done similar dances to the routine in a couple shorts, I was wondering if those counted towards the routine, There were a couple times where they danced unprovoked, Its happened in a couple Curly Shorts and a Few Shemp Shorts, and once in a Merry Mix Up with Joe.

On that note, I believe that the best Russian Dance Routine happened in "Pest Man Wins" and a very weak one happened in Space Ship Sappy.

Anyone else find this routine entertaining?

I do know that Larry did it in his vaudeville act, while playing a violin.  I like to think that when all three do the dance, or try to, that it may be a silly look back at vaudeville acrobat-type acts. They usually do vaudeville-type 'heps' and 'hups' like old acrobats sometimes.

Anybody ever try to do a Russian Dance? I could do it when I was a teenager, but not now!  One has to be very, very strong!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson