The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Well that was a frustrating 20 hours...

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Well, it took longer to get the site turned back on, but ThreeStooges.net is back up now.

The problem was with a query that apparently was bogging down the database enough late yesterday afternoon to effect other web sites on the same server, so the hosting tech support staff turned the site off and notified me of the issue.  After identifying the problem I made some changes to the database (adding indexes to a number of tables to speed up processing) and I changed the scripts to eliminate that query.  Tech support approved the changes and notified me that they were going to re-enable the site, but for some reason no one ever actually turned the site back on last night. 

Unfortunately my home internet connection crapped out just after receiving the message that they would re-enable the site, and I wasn't able to reconnect until late this morning, and that's when I discovered that the site was still switched off.  I was finally able to get tech support to bring the site back up, and hopefully it will stay that way.

xraffle

What a relief!! I thought I was banned when I tried to get into this site and got a "Forbidden" error. Good to see everything is ok now. :laugh:

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I should probably mention that I did post updates on Twitter (http://twitter.com/ThreeStoogesnet) and on the Facebook Fan Page that Ben set up.  I also put a temporary message on Moronika.com last night to try to let people know about the problem, but I was unable to set up a redirect from ThreeStooges.net to Moronika as I had hoped.

If (God forbid!) anything like that happens again I will post messages to let people know, so check those three places if the site isn't available.

Offline Curly4444

What a relief!! I thought I was banned when I tried to get into this site and got a "Forbidden" error. Good to see everything is ok now. :laugh:

No, if you were banned you would have gotten this:

Glad to see the place back up, i was getting worried. Go to know that the place should run faster.

Offline FineBari3

That's funny!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson