Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shorts where Moe is more aggressive than ever.

· 16 · 5765

jka12002

What are some shorts that Moe seems to be alot more aggressive than usual? I remember seeing some but i cant remember the exact names.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Income Tax Sappy, A Snitch in Time, A Missed Fortune. Those are just a few off the top of my head where Moe is grouchier than usual.

[angry7]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

jka12002

I sure hope that emoticon has to do with the question and not trying to start a flame war.

Offline FineBari3

I enjoy the shorts when Moe 'gets it' from the other two!

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline QuinceHead

What are some shorts that Moe seems to be alot more aggressive than usual? I remember seeing some but i cant remember the exact names.

Aren't there a couple of shorts where Moe is on trial for attempting to murder the other two Stooges because they're too much for his shredded nerves?

I think one's with Shemp (Listen, Judge?) and the other one is a remake with Joe.

For duty and humanity,
JohnH
aka QuinceHead

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Aren't there a couple of shorts where Moe is on trial for attempting to murder the other two Stooges because they're too much for his shredded nerves?

IDIOTS DELUXE (1945)
GUNS A POPPIN! (1957)

Offline fishacura

I enjoy the shorts when Moe 'gets it' from the other two!

+1 to that.  He's such a bulley and the few times they ( Larry especially) get's his revenge are the best!

Offline QuinceHead

I remember one sourcebook which stated that Larry slapped Moe without receiving retaliation in Men in Black, but I don't know where the author got this information from!  ???

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline Larry Fine Fan

It's from Joan Howard Maurer's first "Three Stooges Book of Scripts".

Sara

I remember one sourcebook which stated that Larry slapped Moe without receiving retaliation in Men in Black, but I don't know where the author got this information from!  ???

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline QuinceHead

It's from Joan Howard Maurer's first "Three Stooges Book of Scripts".

Sara

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the elucidation!  ;D

Although I thought I had read this in Jeff Forrester's The Stooge Chronicles -- but maybe the memory is cheating...  :-\

But I'd still like to know why this was said, because at no point during Men in Black -- or as far as I know, any Three Stooges short -- does Larry slap Moe and not receive swift retaliation!  ???

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline Larry Fine Fan

Skip ahead to 8:35. You'll see it at 8:41.

Men In Black Part 1:

Sara

But I'd still like to know why this was said, because at no point during Men in Black -- or as far as I know, any Three Stooges short -- does Larry slap Moe and not receive swift retaliation!  ???

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline QuinceHead

Skip ahead to 8:35. You'll see it at 8:41.

Men In Black Part 1:

Sara

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the (bob o') link!

Y'know, in all the times I've watched Men in Black over the years, I never noticed that! :o

Granted, it's Larry hitting Moe in the forehead with a backhand swing of his mallet, rather than a slap, but nevertheless! All I can say is, the boys were still in their shorts infancy, so the personalities/characters hadn't fully gelled yet.

Besides which, Men in Black is a rather atypical short for Stooge behavior anyway -- I've always thought it more like a Marx Brothers skit than a Three Stooges short.

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline BeatleShemp

I think when he took the cheese-grater to Curly's face in NO CENSUS NO FEELING is a good example.  I also think in PARDON MY SCOTCH at the end where he's trying to tap the barrel.  Did you see his face as he's hammering that thing in even though it's about to explode?  I think his most aggressive had to be HOI POLLOI.  I don't know any other short where he slapped so much out of the other Stooges.

Offline FineBari3

I just watched CORNY CASANOVAS yesterday for the first time in probably 30 years, and the exact opposite happens to Moe! He really, really gets beat up and abused in this one! The scene with the tacks was difficult to watch!

I really never thought the Boys were really offensively violent before. This was enough to make me me wince, LOL!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

"I Can Hardly Wait" is another short where Moe is more aggressive and grouchy, he even shoves Larry's head in the boiling pot for no apparent reason.

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Fuelin' Around, there were two scenes where Moe is repeatedly smacking his hammer on Larry at least 10 times in both scenes.