Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New Facebook Page

Offline BenStooge9

Hey Guys,

Check out the new facebook page, i still need to make a whole bunch of adjustments, but this way we'll be able to see what we all look like.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123327004351540&v=wall

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Thanks for setting up the group, Ben.  Mar-Jean told me that I should when I joined Facebook a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not on FB that often and have my hands pretty full right now, so I'm glad to see that someone took the initiative.   ;D

Offline metaldams

I never did get into the whole facebook thing, though I do like the recent South Park episode that talks about it.  The last thing I need is old high school "friends" and exes trying to contact me, but I guess they have ignore buttons for that stuff.

I dunno, maybe someday.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
LOL!  That's pretty much how I look at it, Doug.  That South Park episode really cracked me up, because I had been saying for some time that I didn't want to get sucked into Facebook.  My co-worker is hooked on that stupid "Farmville" game on FB, and she is playing it all day long at work.  (How she gets anything done at all is beyond me.) 

The only reason I finally broke down and joined is because I found out that several relatives, whom I haven't seen in years, are members, and it's pretty cool to be able to catch up and to see pictures of their families, etc.   ;)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Offline Stooges#1

I never did get into the whole facebook thing, though I do like the recent South Park episode that talks about it.  The last thing I need is old high school "friends" and exes trying to contact me, but I guess they have ignore buttons for that stuff.

I dunno, maybe someday.

Easy to get around that, the best thing you can do is create a new email account and abbreviate your surname when you sign up on facebook. Noone will ever know you're on facebook. I've done the same thing because of that very reason and even decline "Page suggestions" in case people I know personally are members of that same page. I'm only signed on facebook to get in contact with people from a forum I post on, the forum has a lot of downtime every now and then.

So if I do sign on the Stooges Facebook page i'll just create another facebook account for it.  ;D

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Woooooooooooo  Hooooooooooooooo !!!!! Ill be posting a lot of photos there :)

Offline BenStooge9

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The GF got me hooked on fuckin' Petville, for crying out loud. Anyway, if you were ever curious as to what I look like my pic is on my Facebook profile.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Doug, were you at the meeting this year?

Unfortunately, no.  I plan to go someday, but I've been saying that for years now.  This past weekend wasn't good for me because I had tickets for the Sox/Orioles game on May 2nd (I went and should've stayed home) months in advance and spent the rest of the weekend hanging with my friend who moved to Hawaii on Monday.  Between the game and my saying goodbye to my friend, what a depressing weekend!

Anyway, I'm really hoping next year.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

I finally joined the group. I'm a little late, but better late than never. I had a little trouble getting my account to reactivate after I deactivated it 5 years ago. Anyway, it finally reactivated successfully last week and now I'm able to join this group.

I don't know, Facebook isn't really my cup of tea, which is why I deactivated it in the first place. I mean, you do find a lot of old timers there, but people are more into posting stupid pictures of themselves or posting stupid stuff on their wall rather than networking. It's weird. But I'll leave my page activated in case it becomes useful one day. If I find some people on this site on Facebook, I'll friend you. ;D

Offline JazzBill

The only reason I finally broke down and joined is because I found out that several relatives, whom I haven't seen in years, are members,

My wife got me to join a few months ago and sure enough, people and relatives that I hadn't heard from in years found me. And after a while I realized why I hadn't been in contact with these people. So I quit Facebook.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
My wife got me to join a few months and sure enough, people and relatives that I hadn't heard from in years found me. And after a while I realized why I hadn't been in contact with these people. So I quit Facebook.

I've had a similar reaction to Facebook.  I am hardly ever on it, and when I do look at my page is full of dreck.  I'm probably going to delete my account as well.

I do like Twitter and use that fairly regularly (at least my personal account.)  I do have a ThreeStoogesnet account created on Twitter as well, and I just added a mod to the forum that will post a tweet when a new topic gets started.  I'll also post news about the site there occasionally, especially if there is a problem on the site.

xraffle

I've had a similar reaction to Facebook.  I am hardly ever on it, and when I do look at my page is full of dreck.  I'm probably going to delete my account as well.

I bet a lot of people are the same way. And that explains why over 10 friend requests I sent are still pending for 1 week already.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I found out that several relatives, whom I haven't seen in years, are members, and it's pretty cool to be able to catch up and to see pictures of their families, etc.   ;)
Same here, only I found all my old friends from New Hampshire, who surprisingly remembered me after not seeing me since the 2nd grade, and my friends from Ramona (California.  Where I went to school before going to high school in Poway).

Hey, re-connecting with your best friend with whom you literally spent every day with before moving to one giant dump of a state and having your social life 2/3's ruined is always nice. ;)
IT'S ALIVE!!!!