Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

the drink they were selling

Offline knucklehead2005

hi, i am new here, so please answer this question.

i remember watching a three stooges short with moe larry and curly. they were selling this certain drink(i think it was a whiskie). does anyone remeber what the name of the drink they were selling, and what was teh name of the short? thanks, a fellow knucklehead
 Please use capital letters when necessary. Please refer to "Guidelines for posting at threestooges.net" thread in General Discussion. S#1

Offline knucklehead2005

IF it helps. I remember Larry was rubbing a car door with the drink, and the paint came off.

Offline knucklehead2005

IF it also helps even more, I am sure that Curly was in this short.

Also, what was teh short where they "We are morons, proud and true" thing. ANd how does the rest of that chant go?

thanks.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Please tell me that you're just a really bad typist.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
The answers you are looking for are:
  • (1) The drink they were selling was Brighto (which was supposed to be a medicine, which the Stooges didn't understand at first.)
  • (2) The name of the episode is Dizzy Doctors.
[skal]

Dog Hambone

The cheer "We are morons tried and true, and we'll do our yell for you'' was Moe, Larry & Curly in Half-Wits Holiday.

Pilsner Panther

The answers you are looking for are:
  • (1) The drink they were selling was Brighto (which was supposed to be a medicine, which the Stooges didn't understand at first.)
  • (2) The name of the episode is Dizzy Doctors.
[skal]

A "medicine" that you're supposed to drink, yet it can take the paint right off a car! No matter how many times I see that scene (and Vernon Dent's reaction), it always cracks me up. One of the funniest Stooges gags of all, and based on reality— back then, there were all sorts of quack remedies for sale, with all kinds of home-brewed ingredients in them... some not only worthless, but poisonous, too, just like Brighto would have been.

:o

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Quote from: Pilsner Panther
A "medicine" that you're supposed to drink, yet it can take the paint right off a car!
Not to mention what it does to Bud Jamison's uniform or that poor guy's hair!   :o

Dog Hambone

I think Moe's line sums it all up. Larry & Curly can't decide what Brighto's uses are, & Moe says, "You boys really want to know what it's for? It's for sale!"

And let's not forget the jingle:
Brighto, Brighto, makes old bodies new
We'll sell a million bottles
Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo

nyuknyuk

this  is THE best stooge episode of all time!! Anybody agree??

Offline JazzBill

this  is THE best stooge episode of all time!! Anybody agree??
  No
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

nyuknyuk

OK,maybe it's not one of the best. But it sure it's funny.

vincent

:laugh:amalgamated morons one oh two - we will do our chant for you - i forgot the rest of it (nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)\<a href="http://" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://</a>

ThumpTheShoes

:laugh:amalgamated morons one oh two - we will do our chant for you - i forgot the rest of it (nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)\<a href="http://" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://</a>

Um, I think that the cheer for Amalgamated Morons-- Local 6 and 7/8 goes more like this:

"We are Morons, tried and true! And we'll do our yell for you!"
The odd noises then follow.

-Thump

vincent

youre right - amalgamated morons must just be a childhood memory of mine, possibly from another episode\

ThumpTheShoes

youre right - amalgamated morons must just be a childhood memory of mine, possibly from another episode\
No, that was in two shorts that I can think of, offhand:

Half-Wits' Holiday
Pies and Guys

Was it in another? It doesn't matter, anyway. We should have official sets one day, and you'll be able to relive those childhood memories in glorious, standard definition DVD quality, lovingly downconverted from high-definition masters...
Just in time for everyone to fuss that they should have been released on HD, Blu-Ray, or whatever format becomes dominant...
Furthermore, by the time we get to the later Shemp and Joe Besser sets, we may all be too old and senile to enjoy them anyway!

Where's that Fountain of Youth when you need it?

-Thump

Dog Hambone

Although this has nothing to do with Dizzy Doctors or the topic (the drink they were selling), the name of their union was Amalgamated Association of Morons, Local 6 7/8.

I kind of agree with NyukNyuk. Although we obviously have differences of opinion about Dizzy Doctors being THE best of the Stooges shorts, it is soitenly far & away one of my favorites. I love it when Larry's wife calls him a "weasel faced porcupine". 

Offline Hammond Eggar

Let's not forget the scene in which Curly hitches a ride with a guy.  When the man makes a U-turn in his car, Curly tells him to stop stating, "this is as far as I go."  I always get a kick out of that. :laugh:
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline aipc29

That drink they were selling was Brighto, a snake-oil MEDICINE. This short was my favorite of all time, "Dizzy Doctors." Remember,  "Brighto, Brighto makes old bodies new! We'll sell a million bottles, woo-woo-woo-woo!"     Thank you Curley.