Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What is your favorite Stooge animated spin-off?

· 14 · 3736

Poll

Favorite Stooge Cartoon Spin-off

Robotic Stooges (80's)
1 (9.1%)
The New 3 Stooges (Late 60's /early 70's)
9 (81.8%)
JabberJaw (80's)
0 (0%)
The Little Stooges (60's)
0 (0%)
others that i don't know about...
1 (9.1%)
None of the above.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

jka12002

Im just curious to know which one you enjoyed the most.
 [3stooges]

Offline Larry Fine Fan

I'd say the Robatic Stooges. They play it all the time on Boomerang.

Offline OldFred

I'd say the 1960's Three Stooges cartoons. As bad as they were regarding scripts and animation, they do have the actual voices of the Stooges as opposed to soundalikes, and are thus a part of the offiical Stooge filmography.

[youtube=425,350]9ypwv7DN7ok[/youtube]

There were also Stooge cartoon catricatures in some contemporary cartoons in their time. This one is from the Warner's cartoon 'Hollywood Steps Out'.

The Stooges come up at the 4:35 point of this video.
[youtube=425,350]dYHBOAjuN3Y[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:16:18 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Robotic Stooges (80's)
The New 3 Stooges (Late 60's /early 70's)
JabberJaw (80's)
The Little Stooges (60's)

THE ROBONIC STOOGES (1977 - 1978)
THE NEW 3 STOOGES (1965)
JABBERJAW (1976)

The Little Stooges was a 1972 - 1974 comic book series, 7 issues from Western Publishing (with its Gold Key and Whitman imprints); it was not animation.

ThumpTheShoes

I voted for the New 3 Stooges for the live-action stuff, real Stooge voices and the production music. I would love to have a disc of the background tracks for that series! No doubt I will, forever more, have the music from the Artists segment etched into my brain. Whenever I'm stuck doing something tedious I hear it over and over and over...

Although, when I was a kid, The Robonic Stooges never failed to give me a hearty chuckle! I actually used to be excited to see that one.. That and, well, Fat Albert!

But, I'm feeling much better now!  :laugh:

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
There should be a "none of the above" option (there also should be one in political elections) because all of the options are awful. JabberJaw is painful to watch and the only reason to watch Robonic Stooges is out of curiosity if you haven't seen it before. The New 3 Stooges is bad as well, but it does have the advantage of having Moe and Larry doing their own voices so I suppose I'll cast my vote for that.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline luke795

The Three Stooges also appeared in 2 New Scooby Doo Movies episodes: Ghastly Ghost Town and The Ghost of the Red Baron.
Joe Besser voices Babu in the New Scooby Doo Movies episode: Scooby Doo meets Jeannie (aka Mystery in Persia).

chad2411

I prefer The New Three Stooges.  I loved their opening song and would love to have it as a ring tone.  Same goes for the shorts opening.  To me they just blare STOOGES, I love it.

Offline metaldams

Can't say the cartoon genre is amongst my favorite for the boys, but obviously the answer is the stuff with the wraparound sequences.  Two reasons.

1.) It involves the boys, even if it's not their best stuff
2.) I'll always have fond memories as a child of hearing Moe refer to Derita in drag as the "perfect 48 - 52 - 48."  Most guys learn their body measurements from Playboy centerfolds, but I have Moe Howard to thank for that, and besides, that's easily the funniest line of the whole Derita era.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Three Stooges also appeared in 2 New Scooby Doo Movies episodes: Ghastly Ghost Town and The Ghost of the Red Baron.
There were also Stooge cartoon catricatures in some contemporary cartoons in their time.
THE ROBONIC STOOGES (1977 - 1978)
JABBERJAW (1976)

Based on this discussion, this seems like a good time to mention...

A work-in-process since last year, is a sub-set of this site's Filmography, "Film and TV Tributes."

It will list and detail films and TV episodes that pay tribute to the Stooges. Not things like one-line dialogue references, but tributes. For example...

- The Stooges' animated appearances in WB Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes, and Columbia Color Rhapsody cartoons
 - Hanna-Barbera's ROBONIC STOOGES and THE NEW SCOOBY DOO MOVIES
 - Films and TV episodes that built entire scenes, or sub-plots, around the Stooges, e.g., FRIDAYS, SNL, M*A*S*H, CHEERS, SUNDAY COMICS, MAD TV, LETHAL WEAPON, SHORT CIRCUIT, THAT '70s SHOW, etc.
 - TV commercials that utilized Stooges' stock footage, e.g., Burger King, Coors, Hershey, Toyota Paseo, state lotteries, VCR Game, Gillette, Chex, Verizon, MasterCard, Popeye's, Carl's, Public Storage, etc.

This sub-filmography will include solo Stooges too, e.g., Joe Besser (HOLLYWOOD CANINE CANTEEN) and Curly Howard (SCTV, JABBERJAW)

Some material is posted in the filmography, but a lot of work is yet to be done. Rob set up the database structure last year, and I hoped to have it ready by now, but other priorities have pushed back finalizing my input to later this year. Possibly at some point soon it can be available for viewing, as work-in-process; and at a later time, member submissions can be added.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Joe Besser voices Babu in the New Scooby Doo Movies episode: Scooby Doo meets Jeannie (aka Mystery in Persia).

Besser originally voiced 'Babu' in 16 episodes of Hanna-Barbera's Saturday morning JEANNIE (CBS 1973) series, which also starred Mark Hamill (STAR WARS); the SCOOBY DOO episode was a cross-promotion. Joe Besser reprised 'Babu' for HB's 1977-1978 LAFF-A-LYMPICS cartoons.

There were also Stooge cartoon catricatures in some contemporary cartoons in their time.

The Stooges appeared in a number of Warner cartoons from the mid-1930s to 1949, including a few Porky Pigs. But even before Porky became the first of WB's breakout character stars, the Three Stooges were in early Merrie Melodies musicals and Looney Tunes Buddy cartoons...

THE MILLER'S DAUGHTER (1934)
[youtube=425,350]9jcuB1LOE2Q[/youtube]

BUDDY'S LOST WORLD (1935)
[youtube=425,350]NpCj4Pr5g9g[/youtube]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Based on this discussion, this seems like a good time to mention...

A work-in-process since last year, is a sub-set of this site's Filmography, "Film and TV Tributes."
Possibly at some point soon it can be available for viewing, as work-in-process; and at a later time, member submissions can be added.

I just posted an announcement that the Tributes page is now available to the public.

jka12002

If you want to move this poll to that section, i don't mind. i think it would be more appropriate in the tributes section.

Offline 7stooges

I voted for the New 3 Stooges for the live-action stuff, real Stooge voices and the production music. I would love to have a disc of the background tracks for that series! No doubt I will, forever more, have the music from the Artists segment etched into my brain. Whenever I'm stuck doing something tedious I hear it over and over and over...

Although, when I was a kid, The Robonic Stooges never failed to give me a hearty chuckle! I actually used to be excited to see that one.. That and, well, Fat Albert!

But, I'm feeling much better now!  :laugh:

I thought I was the only one who had the tune from 'Artists' frequently stuck in my head! I actually got a chuckle out of a line from Curly-Joe in that sketch:

Moe: "The scenery, egg-head! Paint the scenery!"

Curly-Joe: "An 'egg-head scenery'? I've never heard of it."

For some reason, I always find it funny when somebody questions the way Moe talks.  [pie]