The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Film and TV Tributes Page Added

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
We have added a Film and TV Tributes page to the Filmography.  To quote from a recent post by BeAStooge:

It will list and detail films and TV episodes that pay tribute to the Stooges. Not things like one-line dialogue references, but tributes. For example...

- The Stooges' animated appearances in WB Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes, and Columbia Color Rhapsody cartoons
 - Hanna-Barbera's ROBONIC STOOGES and THE NEW SCOOBY DOO MOVIES
 - Films and TV episodes that built entire scenes, or sub-plots, around the Stooges, e.g., FRIDAYS, SNL, M*A*S*H, CHEERS, SUNDAY COMICS, MAD TV, LETHAL WEAPON, SHORT CIRCUIT, THAT '70s SHOW, etc.
 - TV commercials that utilized Stooges' stock footage, e.g., Burger King, Coors, Hershey, Toyota Paseo, state lotteries, VCR Game, Gillette, Chex, Verizon, MasterCard, Popeye's, Carl's, Public Storage, etc.

This sub-filmography will include solo Stooges too, e.g., Joe Besser (HOLLYWOOD CANINE CANTEEN) and Curly Howard (SCTV, JABBERJAW)

Although this is still a work in progress, it has come far enough along to make it available to everyone.  At some point in the future we will be opening it up to member submissions.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Currently, we have over 250 entries in the Film & TV Tributes section.  There are still a few more to be added in the coming days.

Viewers of this site, and other sources, have provided me with a long list of notes and suggestions the past couple years... some to be added in the future, but the information is still incomplete.  Here are some that maybe you guys can help with.

THE SIMPSONS
There are 13 episodes currently listed (click link to see them).  I'm aware of 12 more episodes (most are detailed at the Simpsons fan site at this link) with Three Stooges references, but I don't have access to the episodes to make screen captures.  If we have some Simpson fans here with DVDs that can help, it'd be appreciated.  The screen captures should be taken directly from the reference... obviously, a visual reference if there is one; otherwise, a screen-grab at the audio moment.  The 12 episodes are...
  • Season 2 "Bart the Daredevil"
  • Season 4 "Homer the Heretic"
  • Season 4 "Duffless"
  • Season 5 "Treehouse of Terror IV"
  • Season 5 "Deep Space Homer"
  • Season 6 "Who Shot Mr. Burns?  Pt 1"
  • Season 7 "The Day the Violence Died"
  • Season 7 "Homerpalooza"
  • Season 7 "Home Sweet Home, Diddily-Dum-Doodily"
  • Season 8 "The Secret War of Lisa Simpson"
  • Season 8 "The Homer They Fall"
  • Season 12 "I'm Goin' to Praiseland"

Some miscellaneous notes that I've got laying around here.  Anyone have additional information to nail 'em down?
  • Looking for a video of THE CHEVY CHASE NATIONAL HUMOR TEST (NBC 1979); it included a bit, where a bank loan depended on passing an applicant test with Stooges questions.
  • Looking for a video of a 1980s Coca-Cola commercial featuring a clip from THE THREE STOOGES IN ORBIT (1962).
  • Which episode of MAD ABOUT YOU (1992 - 1999) featured a scene with Paul teaching Jamie the tricks of Stooge slaps, eyepokes, etc.?
  • Which episode of HAPPY DAYS (1974 - 1984) had Fonzie joining a fight while saying, "This is better than the Three Stooges!"?
  • Which episode of ALIEN NATION (1989 - 1990 TV series spinoff) had a scene with Sikes trying to teach his alien girlfriend about the Three Stooges?