Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

PALS AND GALS Stock Footage Goof

Offline locoboymakesgood

I didn't see this mentioned in the page for PALS AND GALS, but just watching it now, I found a goof given the used stock footage. It's in the same vein of the Joe short that uses footage from the Shemp short and we see his picture on the table next to the couch.

Doc Barker dies in PALS AND GALS.. they reuse the footage of Christine McIntyre singing to drown out the sound of the Stooges cutting away at the jail cell. But, as part of using that scene, they flash to Doc Barker sitting down with his boys at the table smiling as he looks at Christine. He had "died" a couple of minutes before this. His dead body is still in the bar - so how the hell is he still alive watching the performance? :D

Is this a widely known goof, or did anyone else catch it? Maybe because I haven't seen this particular remake in years it escaped my memory but I don't recall it. That's a pretty big gaffe on the Shorts Dept. back then.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:49:31 PM by BeAStooge »
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline locoboymakesgood

Thanks, Brent!

I'm watching Shot in the Frontier right now and for some reason I was confusing titles around in my head. I appreciate the correction. ;D

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline locoboymakesgood

It was added to PALS AND GALS' Goofs page earlier today.
I see that now.. I was looking at goofs in Shot in the Frontier since I was totally loopy a minute ago.

Was that shot visible in the full screen version?