Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"Back In The Wood(y)s"

Offline middlenamewayne

Has noone on this forum yet read or even mentioned Woody Allen's 2007 book Mere Anarchy? Specifically the story within the volume about messrs. Howard, Fine and Howard??? Below are excerpts from some online reviews and comments:

Here's a synopsis of the plot in "Nib For Hire": Flanders Mealworm, writer of obscure books, is hired by E. Coli Biggs to write the novelization of a Three Stooges movie. Actually, this one did contain some amusing play-by-play description of Moe, Larry and Curly's physical moves.

In the story, a crass producer named E. Coli Biggs wants the narrator to write movie novelizations. “Here’s the scam, tatellah,” he begins. “I happen to own the rights to a cinema classic starring the Three Stooges... a real zany vehicle for our three most irrepressible meshoogs.”

Flanders Mealworm, the unfairly unheralded author of The Hockfleisch Chronicles, writes: "Calmly and for no apparent reason, the dark-haired man took the nose of the bald man in his right hand and slowly twisted it in a long, counterclockwise circle."

If Larry, Moe, and Curly Joe weren't exactly what Yeats had in mind when he used the phrase "mere anarchy" in "The Second Coming," they should have been.

I keep forgetting to look for this book when I'm at a bookstore, but I wanna read it someday!

- mnw