Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

R.I.P. Maxine Marx (Chico's Daughter)

Offline OldFred

Maxine Marx, the daughter of Chico Marx, died today at the age of 91. She wrote a great book about her father titled 'Growing Up With Chico'. I met her at a Marx Brothers event in New York some years ago along with the late Kitty Carlisle and Groucho's great-granddaughter. Maxine and the great-granddaughter both signed my copy of Maxine's book. I highly recommend you find Maxine's book as she tells some really great stories about her father. She was a funny lady and she'll be missed.  [cry]

Offline busybuddy

That's very sad to hear :( Along with her book, you can catch her in the Marx Brothers documentary narrated by Leslie Nielson (I'm blanking on the title.)
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline OldFred

That's very sad to hear :( Along with her book, you can catch her in the Marx Brothers documentary narrated by Leslie Nielson (I'm blanking on the title.)

It's called the Unknown Marx Brothers, filled with lots of great and rare footage. Another good Marx documentary I can recommend is The Marx Brothers In A Nut Shell, narrated by Gene Kelly.

Offline moglia

It's called the Unknown Marx Brothers, filled with lots of great and rare footage. Another good Marx documentary I can recommend is The Marx Brothers In A Nut Shell, narrated by Gene Kelly.

Sad News.

In "The Marx Brothers In A Nutshell", she told a great story about the time Groucho and Chico switched identities at a vaudeville performance.  I consider "The Marx Brothers In A Nutshell" to be definitive, fundamental, not to mention totally entertaining, viewing for any Marx Bros fan.  It now seems to be out of print from the publisher so, get the DVD while it's still a "steal", several Amazon sellers have it new and sealed for under $4 clams.