Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Name that supporting player

Offline ProfessorStooge

For this topic, simply guess which Stooges supporting player played the characters listed. Three character names will be given. Whoever guesses the right actor or actress will ask the next question.

Here are the first three characters:

Cecil Z. Swinehardt

Count Alfred Gehrol

Mr. Gigi

Offline JazzBill

Harry Semels...

Here's Mine,
Tiny
Flora
Bills wife
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

Harry Semels...

Here's Mine,
Tiny
Flora
Bills wife

Couldn't remember the woman's name off the top of my head, but i knew it was that heavy blonde woman in the later Shemps.  With an imdb search............

MAXINE GATES

Nurse Shapely

Lucy Wyckoff

Luana
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
With an imdb search............

Hey Rob,

Have you ever considered adding Three Stooges Filmography and Cast Member databases and functions to this site?  Crew too.

Each film's entry could display its cast & crew information, and all that could be cross-linked into the databases for each cast or crew member. Sure it'd be a lot of work... probably take years... but we could make the information much more complete and reliable than other websites, so there wouldn't be a need for readers to go to imdb, wikipedia, etc.

What'a'ya think?

Offline archiezappa

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Hey Rob,

Have you ever considered adding Three Stooges Filmography and Cast Member databases and functions to this site?  Crew too.

Each film's entry could display its cast & crew information, and all that could be cross-linked into the databases for each cast or crew member. Sure it'd be a lot of work... probably take years... but we could make the information much more complete and reliable than other websites, so there wouldn't be a need for readers to go to imdb, wikipedia, etc.

What'a'ya think?

I dunno - sounds like a awful lot of work to me, and would anyone actually use it?    ;D

(Feeling just a bit under appreciated?)   ;)

Dog Hambone

Manny Weeks
Waldo Finchell
Mr. Stevens

That's John Tyrell.

How about the judge in "Disorder in the Court"? I don't recall him having a name in that short. (Hint: He was also the judge in "Reefer Madness").

Offline Lefty

That's John Tyrell.

How about the judge in "Disorder in the Court"? I don't recall him having a name in that short. (Hint: He was also the judge in "Reefer Madness").

The judge was Edward LeSaint, who on this site is listed as Captain Burke in "Half-Shot Shooters," which is impossible because they looked totally different, even in age.

How about this one:
Mr. Amscray
Pedro Ruiz
Jerry the insurance salesman
Blackie (of Blackie & Doyle)

Offline archiezappa

The judge was Edward LeSaint, who on this site is listed as Captain Burke in "Half-Shot Shooters," which is impossible because they looked totally different, even in age.

He was in "Half-Shot Shooters," but he didn't play Burke.  He was the guy behind the desk, who asked the Stooges questions, but they couldn't hear him.

Offline Lefty

He was in "Half-Shot Shooters," but he didn't play Burke.  He was the guy behind the desk, who asked the Stooges questions, but they couldn't hear him.

OK, thanks for clearing that up.  That old guy I remember.

Dog Hambone

How about this one:
Mr. Amscray
Pedro Ruiz
Jerry the insurance salesman
Blackie (of Blackie & Doyle)

That would be Lynton Brent. He's a pretty funny guy, I like all of his characters.

I don't have a new one in mind. If someone else wants to go next, please do.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I don't have a new one in mind. If someone else wants to go next, please do.

Minnie
Cora Belle
Woman at fashion show

Dog Hambone

Minnie
Cora Belle
Woman at fashion show

June Gittelson (Who says one of my wife's favorite lines from a Stooges' short - "Come on girls, let's go places and eat things!")

Here's a new one:
Dr. I. Yankum
Sgt. Hugh Dare
Diggins the lawyer

Offline Lefty

Here's a new one:
Dr. I. Yankum
Sgt. Hugh Dare
Diggins the lawyer

That's the famous Richard Fiske.

Another new one:
Colonel Filbert
General Muster
Masters the butler

Dog Hambone

Another new one:
Colonel Filbert
General Muster
Masters the butler

I'd say that's Ted Lorch, one of my favorites. (Let's not forget Jerkington - "I hope you have a nice loooooong sleep")

Okay, we'll try this one. I listed 4 characters, but 1 of them only has a first name and 2 of them don't have names at all so I used the role description as credited:
German Captain
Herman
Fuller Grime
Hotel Detective

Dog Hambone

Okay, we'll try this one. I listed 4 characters, but 1 of them only has a first name and 2 of them don't have names at all so I used the role description as credited:
German Captain
Herman
Fuller Grime
Hotel Detective

[mumum]
No takers? How about if I add another character?

Sgt. MacGillicuddy

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
No takers? How about if I add another character?

Sgt. MacGillicuddy

And subtract one... 'Fuller Grime' was played by Gene Roth.

Dog Hambone

And subtract one... 'Fuller Grime' was played by Gene Roth.

You're right. I apologize for my goof. Gene Roth appears as Fuller Grime in the same short, but the supporting player I had in mind is just credited as "Crook".

I need to find a few more shorts where our supporting player actually had a name. He is in so many, but I didn't realize how many times he appears without a name until I started looking up some of his roles.

How about a hint: In the short where he is credited as "Herman", his name is not spoken, but it appears in the logo on the driver's side door of his car (near the beginning of the short).   

Offline Lefty

This guy, a/k/a "Longhorn Pete" in "Goofs and Saddles," is Stanley Blystone.  Or is that Bly and the Family Stone?   :-\

Dog Hambone

This guy, a/k/a "Longhorn Pete" in "Goofs and Saddles," is Stanley Blystone.  Or is that Bly and the Family Stone?   :-\

[yay]

You are 100% correct, Lefty

Dog Hambone

[pie]

Well, if Lefty (or anyone else) doesn't want to pick up the ball, I guess I will...

Character Names:
Fanny Dinkelmeyer
Baggie
Princess (King Rootentooten's daughter)

Dog Hambone

C'mon, youse guys!! Isn't anyone going to take a shot at this one? Heck, I thought it was an easy one. 

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
C'mon, youse guys!! Isn't anyone going to take a shot at this one? Heck, I thought it was an easy one. 

[pie]

Well, if Lefty (or anyone else) doesn't want to pick up the ball, I guess I will...

Character Names:
Fanny Dinkelmeyer
Baggie
Princess (King Rootentooten's daughter)

That is an easy one - the lovely and lucious Dee Green!   [love4]   [faint2]

My turn, and this one is a little more obscure.  This actor has been...
  • a workman with a leaky lunch pail
  • a football player (#20)
  • a prison guard
  • and a Vulgarian soldier

Offline JazzBill

That is an easy one - the lovely and lucious Dee Green!   [love4]   [faint2]

My turn, and this one is a little more obscure.  This actor has been...
  • a workman with a leaky lunch pail
  • a football player (#20)
  • a prison guard
  • and a Vulgarian soldier

Bruce Bennett

My turn....He played

A train conductor
The Stooges father
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:11:52 PM by xraffle »
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Rich Finegan

He played

A train conductor
The Stooges father

That would be:
Walter Brennan.

Here's another:
She played
A hospital patient
A train passenger
A Colonel's daughter
A gangster's moll