Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

My own personal marathon

Shemp27 · 10 · 2785

Offline Shemp27

Today I started my own personal Stooges marathon. I have decided that I have gone about the new releases all wrong. I have watched the shorts that I have never seen or that I loved in any order I wanted to. Well today at work I have a 16 hour boring shift and brought volume 1 and 2 to work with me and will be watching them in complete order. I hope to see some things that I have never seen or have forgotten. I am  really  excited for this and it should take about 5 Sunday's since it is my only day to watch the stooges. Wish me luck! [3stooges]
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!

Offline archiezappa

Today I started my own personal Stooges marathon. I have decided that I have gone about the new releases all wrong. I have watched the shorts that I have never seen or that I loved in any order I wanted to. Well today at work I have a 16 hour boring shift and brought volume 1 and 2 to work with me and will be watching them in complete order. I hope to see some things that I have never seen or have forgotten. I am  really  excited for this and it should take about 5 Sunday's since it is my only day to watch the stooges. Wish me luck! [3stooges]

A Stooges marathon at work?  Where do you work?

Offline Shemp27

I work at a small town police dept. I am a dispatcher so nothing happens on Sundays so I have all day to watch the boys!

Offline FineBari3

I work at a small town police dept. I am a dispatcher so nothing happens on Sundays so I have all day to watch the boys!

Unless they hire three new police officers!   [3stooges]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Shemp27

Exactllyyy I would be really worried about Moe Larry and Curly on the beat

Offline OldFred

Looks like three almost got away!  :police:

Offline archiezappa

Sounds pretty cool.  I've always wondered, as a police officer, what's your take on the various Stooges shorts where they're police officers?  (i.e. Dizzy Detectives, etc.)

Offline ProfessorStooge

Once all 190 shorts are on DVD, I will also have my own Stooges marathon. But I won't be watching them in a single day. I will watch one volume per day for 8 or 9 days, depending on how many volumes there will be.

Offline Seamus

I started my own on-going marathon last month, when I found out about these new Sony volumes, but I'm taking them in at a more stately pace of about one short per night.  Just finished Volume 2 last night.  I'm trying to savor the Stooge experience for as long as possible, and I find that watching too many of their shorts in one sitting dulls the impact of their particular brand of comedy after a while. 

Great fun watching these things in order and watching the boys (and the writers and directors) finding their groove over time.  One of the biggest revelations for me was how much more balanced they were as a team in their early days, before Curly went nova and started dominating the action.  Larry gets equal time with the other two during their first year or so with Columbia, and I think he's brilliant in those early shorts.  Still love him in the later shorts, but kind of a shame that he had to step aside to make room for the Curly explosion after demonstrating what a pro he was early on.

Offline Shemp27

Hey Guys just finishing volume 1 getting ready to start volume 2 on a long night shift. I forgot how much I loved "Movie Maniacs" it is an underated short in my opinion. To reply to a previous post I am not a police officer I am a dispatcher and I feel their representations of cops are funny as do my police officer co-workers.