3 Stooges Collection Vol. 7 - 1952-1954, November 10

BeAStooge · 308 · 74430

Linked Events

• 3 Stooges Vol. 7 1952-1954: November 10, 2009 - November 16, 2009

Offline dimelives

I just hope they follow through and release the darn set afterall =P

Offline moglia

I just hope they follow through and release the darn set afterall =P

No need to worry about Vol 7 as 6 sold very well. It's Vol's 8 and higher that give me cause for concern.

watching them on TV in 3D wouldn't even be the same effect as seeing these on the big screen in that same way.

With today's large TV's, It may be very well be decent. I am sure many of us would like the chance to find out for ourselves. That said vol 7 is probably already prepped?

Offline locoboymakesgood

No need to worry about Vol 7 as 6 sold very well. It's Vol's 8 and higher that give me cause for concern.
Were final sales numbers released? I hope it did well but I wouldn't say it sold very well.

Also, it was never officially confirmed (just rumored) so I'm not raising hell yet.

With today's large TV's, It may be very well be decent. I am sure many of us would like the chance to find out for ourselves. That said vol 7 is probably already prepped?
The size of a TV has absolutely nothing to do with that. I think we all need to go to school to understand what high definition and pixels are in how they equate to the size of TVs.

What I mean is given the source material, in fact, the red and blue 3D which is what was used with these shorts would look jarred at best. They weren't meant to be watched on TV so it's not going to be the same effect it was as if you saw it in the theaters back in the 50s.

I had copies of both Spooks! and Pardon My Backfire from some TV broadcast in the 80s that were show in 3D, and yeah it was an interesting novelty but it wouldn't bode well or transition to any technology that's 25 years newer.

Simply put, it wouldn't benefit them to include the 3D shorts and then include the 3D glasses with each set. It would eat in to any profit margin they have on these (if there is one).

Not trying to be a downer but you need to be realistic from a business standpoint.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
VideoETA now lists Vol. 7 for release on November 10.

As noted above, Amazon.com began taking preorders this past weekend; the Videography, and each of the shorts' filmography pages, have been updated with the order links.

Offline Stooges#1

Im happy its back on the schedule.  [cool]Maybe Movies Unlimited thought they jumped the gun since noone else had it on their schedule and removed the listing, well whatever it is im happy about this news.

Offline metaldams

I'm just wondering how many reviews will be on amazon stating....

"Most of these shorts were already on vol. 5/6!  What a rip off!"

Of course most of us know better, but you know, ignorance is bound to happen.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

Well, if shows like "Friends" can get away with all of their "flashback" episodes, then the Three Stooges can surely get away with their "remakes" on DVD.  I'm glad this one hasn't been cancelled.  I also hope the rest don't get cancelled either.

Offline Larry Larry

I'm just wondering how many reviews will be on amazon stating....

"Most of these shorts were already on vol. 5/6!  What a rip off!"

Of course most of us know better, but you know, ignorance is bound to happen.

LOL! That is so funny & true.

I can't wait for this new set.  Thank you Sony.

RE: the two 3D film shorts - I've never seen them.  Aren't they in a widescreen format rather than 4x3?  If so, I hope that they are released in their OAR more than 3D.   

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Offline metaldams

RE: the two 3D film shorts - I've never seen them.  Aren't they in a widescreen format rather than 4x3?  If so, I hope that they are released in their OAR more than 3D.   

Widescreen's a good point because Vol. 7 is the first set it applies to.  Any word on whether the applicable shorts will be in widescreen?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Widescreen's a good point because Vol. 7 is the first set it applies to.  Any word on whether the applicable shorts will be in widescreen?

If it means much, Amazon lists the aspect ratio as 1.33:1 (FS).

xraffle

Nice to know the set it back on.

By the way, I just realized this now, but each of the previous volumes has a perfect 5-star average rating at Amazon. I think that means majority of people are satisfied with these sets. Hopefully it will stay that way and there will be no confusion with the remakes on Volume 7.

Offline Stooges#1

I think its every wednesday that Sony updates their schedule to show the following week and since they're showing November 3rd now, maybe when they update tomorrow they'll have volume 7 as apart of their November 10 schedule.

Offline falsealarms

Hmmmmm, nada yet?

I wouldn't worry about that yet. VideoETA has a great track record with these and Amazon is taking pre-orders.

Offline Hammond Eggar

If any one from Sony is reading - I and I'm sure many others are willing to pay extra to have the 3D versions included, maybe with a pair of Stooges 3D glasses perhaps :D .

Thanks Moglia.  I totally agree.  Even in this troubled economy, I'd still pay a few dollars more to insure we actually get the two 3-D shorts in 3-D AND 2-D.  I sure hope someone from Sony is paying attention. :-\
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Stooges#1

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Smaug

Hope that's not a prank with the 3D glasses, getting my hopes up here.

Offline FineBari3

Yeah!

You didn't Photoshop those glasses on the box, did you, Brent?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

xraffle

I sure hope that the 2-D versions will be included as well. Or else, I'd be very, very upset.

Offline metaldams

As someone who is admittedly ignorant on 3D Vs. 2D, is the 3D version watched without glasses any different than 2D?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline vomit

Box art image, courtesy of ClassicFlix.com...

Dude.  If this is true....you just made my day.  Viva la Shemp!!
Specto Caelum!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
As someone who is admittedly ignorant on 3D Vs. 2D, is the 3D version watched without glasses any different than 2D?

I believe the 3-D version without the glasses would appear rather blurry, since there are red and blue versions of the scene that are slightly out of sync, which is what gives you the 3-D effect with the glasses.  (I remember trying to read a "3-D" comic book years ago without the glasses, and it gave me a headache.)