Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Video On Demand

Offline luke795

When you buy a movie or tv show on demand is the movie or tv show downloaded on to your computer or is a dvr sent to you?

xraffle

Interesting thread, LOL. Video on demand is a feature offered on cable. At least, that's the video on demand I'm thinking of. You can play, fast forward, rewind, and pause a movie anytime just like when watching a DVD. With Time Warner (which is what I use), you can order a movie with your remote for about $5 and you have full access to the movie for 24 hours.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
X is right, but left out that you need digital cable box for On Demand. Also, the prices vary (some older movies go for as low as $1.99 and there are also free On Demand options) and they also have On Demand subscription channels where you pay a monthly to view that channel's content (WWE, Disney Movies, here!, Howard Stern etc).
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline luke795

I actually meant the burn on demand from Warner Bros.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
When you buy a movie or tv show on demand is the movie or tv show downloaded on to your computer or is a dvr sent to you?
I actually meant the burn on demand from Warner Bros.

That is your choice, when you buy a movie.

[attachment deleted by admin]