Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Emil Sitka

Offline archiezappa

I was reading the article in the latest Three Stooges Journal about "Blazing Stewardesses."  Very interesting.  And it's too bad that we never got to see Emil Sitka as Harry with The Three Stooges.  That would have been very interesting.  He certainly held his own with them for several years. 

But I'm a little confused about the Three Stooges from the 70's.  Was Emil Sitka named a member of the Three Stooges after Larry Fine's stroke or after Larry Fine's death?  I thought that there was the possibility of a film with him in it before "Blazing Stewardesses."  Perhaps in "Make Love, Not War."  But I may be wrong in that.  I'd just like to be a little clearer on Emil Sitka's role with the Stooges in the 70's. 

Granted, the new article helps clear up a lot of things that I was unsure of.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
But I'm a little confused about the Three Stooges from the 70's.  Was Emil Sitka named a member of the Three Stooges after Larry Fine's stroke or after Larry Fine's death?  I thought that there was the possibility of a film with him in it before "Blazing Stewardesses."  Perhaps in "Make Love, Not War."  But I may be wrong in that.  I'd just like to be a little clearer on Emil Sitka's role with the Stooges in the 70's. 

This article is Part 2 of 2.  Part 1 and MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR was featured and discussed in # 129.

Dog Hambone

There's a section in the Lenburg's "The Three Stooges Scrapbook" about Emil Sitka's role with the Stooges during that time period, but I understand it may not be totally accurate & Emil Sitka apparently disputes at least some if it (according to Brent). You might check out that source, though. It's a good book, & a fairly decent reference source to have on hand.